Should I Wear A Gun Belt While Hunting?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waxon

Thread: Should I Wear A Gun Belt While Hunting?

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Post Should I Wear A Gun Belt While Hunting?

gunbelt-for-hunting.jpg

Wearing a gun belt is necessary while carrying a concealed carry gun either when one does or every day if one carries every day. But what about while hunting?

It's actually something a person should think about. If one is going to carry a backup pistol while afield, then a gun belt is absolutely necessary if one is going to be carrying on the waistband. Besides, a good strong gun belt has more uses than just holding up one's trousers, if it's stout enough. .

Continue reading at:
    Blog - Should I Wear A Gun Belt While Hunting?

Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    I wear a single gun buscadero rig when out in the field hunting or hiking. Usually with a Ruger Stainless Vaquero or something else I dont mind scratching. I see no need to wear anything concealed out there or anywhere else for that matter.

colt03 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    497 times
    Somewhat related- I wanted to carry while I was hunting and was going to conceal carry my 2" .357 Smith (Sorry Colt guys but I like the model 360 and I have a CCW) and called the Department of Wildlife here in Colorado. They told me that although I was carrying a hunting rifle that I was subject to a ticket as there is a minimum barrel length of 4" and my pistol didn't meet the requirement. Under no circumstances could I use it to put an animal down but the fact I had a shorter than legal barrel I was subject to a fine if in the field.

Nice article! I agree that carrying a side arm while hunting is a good choice. I carry a 6" .44 mag now when hunting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5198 times
    IMO it is strictly up to the individual, but you must check on state and local laws just as bczadmin did. I don't have a need for a big pistol on the farm while I am working but I do carry a Browning Buckmark .22 around the farm especially when I am in my back field.
    .45 or More!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links