Photo Engraved Cimarron revolvers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photo Engraved Cimarron revolvers

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Photo Engraved Cimarron revolvers

Been thinking about one, does anyone here have one, or more? Please show and tell if you do.
    thanks

Member #
    Liked
    650 times
    I think Cimarron is a great company of which I have done more business with than Taylor and Company. Both offer various models of economy level engraved SAA's. However there is a major difference in the engraved models. Cimarron has opted to offer Laser burnt engraving which may appeal to most but upon closer inspection they have rough edges and no depth to the burnt in designs. There are a very few models that are nickel plated which does soften the burnt edges so there's that to consider, though it does nothing for the flat no depth burnt designs. Taylor and Company does offer one model that uses a different process on their engraved SAA which is "Photo etched" and then actually hand chased to give the design a real 3d effect. Of all the Cimarron laser engraved SAA's I have bought over the years, I have kept none and sold all of them after only a couple of weeks. My love of engraved SAA's is a personal journey that I love, and learn more about.

Here is the Taylor and Company model for your viewing pleasure and research.

Colt.jpgColt6.jpgColt2.jpgColt3.jpg
    ColtPlinkerton likes this.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    662 times
    SFC Rick …..what model SAA is shown in your photos? were your Taylor & Company good shooters or did you sell them away for some other reason? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SFC Rick View Post
    I think Cimarron is a great company of which I have done more business with than Taylor and Company. Both offer various models of economy level engraved SAA's. However there is a major difference in the engraved models. Cimarron has opted to offer Laser burnt engraving which may appeal to most but upon closer inspection they have rough edges and no depth to the burnt in designs. There are a very few models that are nickel plated which does soften the burnt edges so there's that to consider, though it does nothing for the flat no depth burnt designs. Taylor and Company does offer one model that uses a different process on their engraved SAA which is "Photo etched" and then actually hand chased to give the design a real 3d effect. Of all the Cimarron laser engraved SAA's I have bought over the years, I have kept none and sold all of them after only a couple of weeks. My love of engraved SAA's is a personal journey that I love, and learn more about.

Here is the Taylor and Company model for your viewing pleasure and research.

Colt.jpgColt6.jpgColt2.jpgColt3.jpg
    ....what ? me failed English !!! That's unpossible.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    650 times
    Here is a link to the gun at Taylor's... Oh it's a great shooter and still one of my favs to use and carry regularly, even after a few years.

https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/catt....html?___SID=U
    Last edited by SFC Rick; 04-10-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    Uberti Open Top 1872 model in .45Colt with 7 1/2" barrel, Colt M1945A1, Winchester 1873 & 94.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1435 times
    I have a similar item to Rick's, this Uberti came from Stoeger's:

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/pho...ng-budget.html

There is a big difference between this Teddy Roosevelt model and the one from Cimarron that is laser-etched. If you look closely at mine, you can see the grip frame above the trigger is laser-etched. The rest is photo-etched, then hand-chased.
    ---
    "Bridgeport?" said I, pointing.
    "Camelot," said he.

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Here is mine its a looker and a great shooter!

IMG_0757.jpeg

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    662 times
    These photo engravings look good as a value vs $$$ for hand engraving.

Does the Uberti engraved Cattleman have a function like a real Colt? that is 4-clicks. also does the Uberti cattleman have a safety transfer bar or is the design like the Colt SAA ( load 5 , hammer down on empty chamber.)
    ....what ? me failed English !!! That's unpossible.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1435 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    These photo engravings look good as a value vs $$$ for hand engraving.

Does the Uberti engraved Cattleman have a function like a real Colt? that is 4-clicks. also does the Uberti cattleman have a safety transfer bar or is the design like the Colt SAA ( load 5 , hammer down on empty chamber.)
    I believe I'd read the following:

The Old Model (pre-war or black-powder frame) Uberti imported by Cimarron would continue to have the four click hammer with no firing pin safety. The New Model (Model P) would have the new safety.

However, I'd also read that Cimarron had made a "deal" with Uberti to continue to supply the Model P without the firing pin safety, so who knows. Probably best to call and ask.

Note that the safety change only applies to the Uberti models imported by Cimarron, not the Pietta models (Frontier).

I realize you asked about Taylor's imports, not Cimarron, but just throwing it out there.
    ---
    "Bridgeport?" said I, pointing.
    "Camelot," said he.

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Mine clicks 3 times and the safety is used by pushing the base pin out a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links