44 Specials?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 44 Specials?

Member #
    Liked
    16572 times
    44 special is a easy one to reload. Dillon Square deal has your name on it
    Ugly, longranger, porsche and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4069 times
    You are right Cozmo- I need to learn how to do that!

Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    I want a Cimarron Model P , highly polished stainless steel , with .44 Special and .44-40 WCF cylinders.
    "One does not sell Colts , one buys Colts! "

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6068 times
    Nice work. Nice guns. Clearly, should my resolve weaken and I opt for a Cimarron 5.5" pre-war frame, I should have no reservations about shootability.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Member #
    Liked
    517 times
    I've been loading my own SO long I don't have any idea what factory ammo costs. I know my own stuff costs VERY little. I buy bullets, powder, and primers in bulk . With mild loads the brass lasts a long time.
    joehaber and Cozmo like this.
    Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents
    Oh My!

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    Hard not to like a 44 Special. Three Cimarron Ubertis. 2 cross pin frames and the one a BP frame. 15 yards off a bag rest. 240gr lead loads using HP38. 12 rouds per target. POI was the yellow X ring. Walnut gripped gun will now get ivory.

I really like the Cimarron Mdl P in competition ready guns. I have a Evil Roy in. 38/.357 and it is fantastic. Sights, trigger, finish are all better. Accurate and fun to shoot. Also have a Taylor's Smoke Wagon. Same song but in .45 Colt.
    Also have a Cimarron .44 Special. Great gun just not as refined as other comp. models.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    A strong chain has NO weak links.

jgt

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I recently picked up a black powder frame model P in 44 special. I started shooting 44 caliber exclusively about 1970. Love 44 specials. I have many including Smith & Wesson, Colt, Ruger, and now Cimarron. I load my own and make my own jacketed and cast bullets. There's just two kind of people, those that shoot 44s and those that wish they did.
    Cozmo likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1313 times
    I got my first Colt SAA back in 1982 that was chambered in 44 special. Since then I have acquired others in 44-40, 45 Colt and 38/357 and I have to wonder why the 44 special is not more popular with shooters regardless of the brand of the gun. One day my favorite SAA caliber is 45 Colt and the next day its 44 special. I feel that the 44 special has the edge in accuracy and ease of reloading.
    SHOOTER13, Cozmo and Ugly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13254 times
    Nice shootin' Dane...!!

I too enjoy the .44 Special cartridge...but all my .44's handguns are Magnums...in which I shoot the Specials on occasion.

I find the Cimarron Uberti's to be pretty accurate right outta the box...next one I buy with be a replica of the S&W Model 3 Schofield.

Currently this is is my only Cimarron...a close enuff copy of the Remington 1875...but in .45 Colt /.45 ACP.

Looking at different grip options now...

colt03 likes this.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2581 times
    ^^^^^ nice 1875 copy
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    Colt Collectors Association
    CCDL Member
    Colt Woodsman Collector