Attention Rick Bowles
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Attention Rick Bowles

Member #
    Liked
    17134 times
    Ed and others,

I apologize for being late to respond, I also miss the image contests. I hosted quite a few image contests and either personally provided or procured many of the prizes. Generally, if I won the contest, I either bumped the prize down to the 2nd. place entry or rolled it into the prize package of the next contest. Then I hosted a contest where we had a pool of prizes. The image with the most "likes" chose first, the second most likes chose next and so on. I won the contest and chose the archive letter graciously provided by Paul Szymaszek https://coltarchives.com/ Shortly thereafter it was suggested that, while I continue to run the contest, I should not be eligible to win or accept prizes. I asked a few members to take over the image contests with no takers. There is more involved in the contest's mule skinning than appears. I enjoy looking at nice images as well as composing images and I enjoy the contests which had become quite popular. However, I couldn't reconcile running the contest, providing prizes and yet not being able to compete. Regrettably I made the decision to stop hosting the contests. I didn't bring it up before now because it would serve no purpose and we didn't need a dialog about it- then OR now. I just didn't want folks to think I arbitrarily dropped the ball.

I sincerely hope someone will take the reins and the contest can continue. I'll be happy to help if I can and for what it's worth, I think the contest should be open to everyone even the person running it.
    Last edited by Rick Bowles; 01-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Endowment Life Member
    CCA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2349 times
    All good Rick , thanks for your response and all your time and prizes.
    The contest was a real treat for the Forum always !
    You also had some good theme ideas which were never used .
    The Contest Logo was cool too , remember I said “whoa “ when it debuted

I tried a contest after the official contest was absent . I offered a prize , there weren’t many entries .
    I don’t have your clout........ It was GREAT while it lasted though !!!

Again , my thanks and good day .
    Rick Bowles and ei8ht like this.
    COLT TO THE CORE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links