Colt Forum banner

Question on LEO6920'S & 40'S

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  inspcalahan 
#1 ·
If this was posted before sorry. Searched the net a little couldn't find anything relevant.

Does anyone know the total production numbers for the "Restricted" roll marked 6920's and 6940's? Serial number ranges? Thanks for the help if anyone is able to, if a link is out there that would be awesome!

#2 ·
We don't know the exact production numbers of the LE6920 with LE restricted markings, but I had seen the last 100 units made with the official Colt factory letters made in late 2011 and the serial numbers were in the 94K range.

From owner surveys the first model was available in the market in around 1998.

Throughout the production years here are variations like hammer and trigger pin sizes, manufacturer marks (Colt Mfg Co and Colt Defense), bolt carrier group types (semi auto & full auto M16), selector types and finishes.

I had been following this model since late 2004 after the gun ban sunset and have my personal notes of configuration changes.

Myself I did not prefer the LE markings so I did not get this particular model, I however did get the next model variation that are marked with "M4 CARBINE" and no restricted markings back in 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.