Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trigger replacement on Colt AR15 A4

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    209 times

Trigger replacement on Colt AR15 A4

Have recently changed out the fore end assembly (M4 RAS) and added a Leupold scope, replacing the carry handle on my A4. Want to now move on to the trigger. Budget only allows so many purchases at a time. Geiselle has there SSA trigger for $180.00 over the Independence Day weekend. I like a two stage trigger and this fits the bill. (4.5 lbs total) Is that a good choice or what else would you recommend. Enjoy shooting my A4, like the fixed buttstock, 1-7 twist for shooting 5.56 ammo. Much better overall for distance shooting vs my AR carbine. Appreciate any suggestion or guidance on choosing a trigger. Want to tighten up my groups at a 100 yards plus. The mil spec trigger is gritty and breaks between 6 and 9 lbs.Is there a better trigger than the Geiselle SSA that I am thinking about now. Thanks !!
    "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today" Cherokee

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Yes in my opinion the stock colt triggers are the only drawback to these guns

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    cultist;
    Thank you for your quick reply. Any thoughts on the Geiselle SSA or another trigger assembly you may think better. Appreciate!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    949 times
    You certainly won't go wrong with the Geiselle options. I have a good number of them. The Larue MBT is a less expensive, yet still high quality item I'm familiar with as well.
    Scionti95 likes this.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8277 times
    There are a lot of AR triggers of all types available, but for formal Target shooting Geiselle seems to be as good as the best and better then the rest, as my mom used to say.

You might benefit from doing some looking on Brownell's site, they carry most of the major brands, and do some comparative shopping for price, features, and user reviews.

If you like Geiselle and there's a limited time special, buy it, you won't be disappointed.
    Scionti95 and Kerz like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2690 times
    My Colt has a 3 pound Timney single stage drop in trigger. My Rock Rivers have their 2 stage match triggers. And I have a Les Baer with a Jewel trigger. The Jewel is the finest AR trigger I’ve ever shot, the Timney is the easiest to install, but for any general purpose AR I would recommend the Rock River 2 stage match unit, it’s that good.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    inspcalan,dfariswheel,smutt:

Gentleman, thank you very much for your posts. The rifle is used only for target shooting. Am partial to Geiselle as I already have one in my LE6920 carbine. The attractive Independence Day pricing by Geiselle did get my attention. They have a SSA with a large Pin. So do I order the regular SSA or the SAA with the large Pin. Serial number on my AR15 A4 is 003529. Bought it used so do not have any idea of date of manufacture. Geiselle web page states the large Pin SSA is for Colt's manufactured up to 2009. What year do You think my A4 was manufactured? Appreciate !!

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I would tend to think that your rifle was made in 2016 or 2017. There should be a date on your barrel just behind the front sight assembly under the hand guards and beneath the gas tube, this is the date the barrel was made and you can usually assume the rifle was assembled within a few months after that date. Your A4 should have the small (normal) hammer and trigger pins.
    Scionti95 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    Wilson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    CAR60,
    Thank you. Good tips. Will remove the M4 fore end assembly and take a look. Am hoping it has the normal mil spec pins. Appreciate !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links