Finally tracked me down a M2012 in 6.5 Creedmoor

Member #
    Liked
    1590 times

Finally tracked me down a M2012 in 6.5 Creedmoor

I had read early on that the M2012 was going to be released in Creedmoor as well as .308. In my searching I had actually stumbled upon a colt add for law enforcement orders that detailed calibers including .308, .380, 22-250, and 6.5. However, after about 4 or 5 years of looking I had never seen a 6.5 for sale..... actually I had never seen anything but the .308s. Well I finally decided to put a .308 on layaway because I wanted a m2012 and new they were being discontinued. About the time I had it paid off, the company I was buying it from told me they just got a 6.5 in. It shocked me, but I had seen a .380 listed on gunbroker right before than so who knows. Anyway, they let me switch the .308 which they were about to send me for the 6.5. Picked it up yesterday.

Its a nice looking gun. The fluted barrel is a nice touch, I would have preferred a solid wood stock, cooper has told me they can do a solid wood stock for me if I want, and the price isn't horrible, but not sure yet. Somewhat surpised that it comes with a 22 inch barrel as lots of people seem to indicate a 26 inch barrel works better, though the actual tests I have read about, show very little difference between a 27 inch and a 14 inch barrel, much less a 22 inch so I think it will be fine. I guess they are thinking people will like it more as a woods gun with the 22 inch barrel. Personally, I have hunted with rifles and shotguns in plenty of mesquite and oak thickets with barrels ranging from 20 inch to 34 inch, and I have yet to have a gun that actually has an issue getting snagged on brush or trees but oh well.

Anyway, pics of the gun and the target below. It seems very nice, can't wait to mount my zeiss daviari on it and take it to the range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Thats badass. Beautiful rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links