le 6920 markings

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

le 6920 markings

Has colt changed their markings on a LE 6920 ? I have one I bought earlier this year but it doesn't have the roll marking that my other 6920 has that I bought in 2013. I can't find an " F " anywhere on the front sight and no C marks. There is also mark that looks like a bar code or something. Everything else looks the same. Any comments are appreciated.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8398 times
    Apparently Colt is not stamping the "C" of "F" stamp on key parts like they were doing.
    I seem to have heard that they're using a different serial number prefix then "LE".

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry it took so long for me to reply but sometimes life gets in the way. My 6920 has an LE serial number, maybe some sort of transitional? I've heard they are stopping civilian models altogether.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8398 times
    From what I read even when Colt was using the "LE" prefix some stamps like the "C" on the bolt carrier and the "F" stamp on the front sight base seemed to sometimes randomly be there and sometimes not.

Colt is apparently using a different serial number prefix, but I can't remember what it is.

As for Colt "No longer selling AR rifles" there's several threads on this forum site addressing it.
    Bottom line is that Colt is going to concentrate on filling some very large US and foreign military and police contracts and simply needs the manufacturing capacity.
    They have a 180 days supply of commercial rifles and "probably" will begin selling commercially when they finish the contracts.
    I have heard that the special production models like the replica of the Vietnam XM177 will still be made.

Member #
    Liked
    2068 times
    The last couple LE6920's 68 obtained are CR prefixes.

The 'Military Classics' 'Reissue' XM177 and 'Reissue' M16A1 semi's are made by US Ordnance I understand , not Colt.

The 'Military Classics ' US Prop marked M4A1 SOCOM 6920 HBPW w/Knight's rails is Colt made however...
    Colt snubbies rule.
    Life's too short to carry an ugly firearm.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    562 times
    There are enough Colt AR15/M16/M4 version platform variations for multiple museum themes, Doctoral Thesis and a medium fortune collection of one each. If you include markings, minor modifications and/or contract changes they count between 150 and 180 depending on if you include licensed production runs. Then you would need to consider the ever present but not documented “Colt Never Made” variants! The good news is they all say Colt. I’m not concerned about these minor variations, the values will hold better than brand X guns. I did not say they were worth more, just sell for more.
    Last edited by STORM2; 09-26-2019 at 11:53 PM.

Sponsored Links