• 1 Post By Piranha451
  • 2 Post By inspcalahan
  • 1 Post By Berkeley492

Thread: Colt 1918 Self Loading Rifle Reproduction

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Colt 1918 Self Loading Rifle Reproduction

I came across this and thought it may be of interest here. It is a reproduction Colt 1918 Self Loading Rifle made in 2015.

krag96 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    802 times
    Any of those rifles made by Ohio Ordnance are top notch! I've handled one of those Colt's and they are a thing of beauty! I've got an HCAR in .30-06 that is an absolute joy!
    Piranha451 and krag96 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Absolutely beautiful rifle, but $9,000!!!!!! For the ultimate collector I suppose -- are there any originals left around?

There is one currently on GB for $9300 with the following description (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/840778718):

The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) model 1918 was developed by John M. Browning in 1917. Marlin-Rockwell Corporation, Colt, and Winchester made 85,000 rifles during WWI to meet the US military requirement.
    Ohio Ordnance Works, Inc. manufactures a semi-automatic version of this rifle; 1918A3 (WWII version). The only one of its kind in production anywhere in the world, it is manufactured with some of the original USGI WWI and WWII parts.

For the last 18 years, we have taken great care in building of each rifle. Only the highest quality Ohio Ordnance original and USGI standard parts are used in its production. The heart of the 1918A3 is the receiver made from 8620 steel casting that has been carburized and induction heat treated. The castings are machined on state-of-the-art, CNC machining centers. Every rifle is fully assembled, inspected, test-fired and re-inspected under the direct supervision of our master armorer.

The entire manufacturing process is accomplished at our facility in Chardon, Ohio. Our team is made up of experts in the military ordnance field, some with over 40 years experience in the trade.
    Last edited by Berkeley492; 10-28-2019 at 06:16 PM.
    krag96 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    802 times
    The one advertised is the ultimate collectors piece... high polish, etc. For a shooter, they are still offering a version at half that price. Pricey still, but not out of line for the pricier Colt's.

Member #
    Stuck in a Marxist Run Cesspool- One Floor Above Hell
    Liked
    130 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley492 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful rifle, but $9,000!!!!!! For the ultimate collector I suppose -- are there any originals left around?

There is one currently on GB for $9300 with the following description (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/840778718):

The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) model 1918 was developed by John M. Browning in 1917. Marlin-Rockwell Corporation, Colt, and Winchester made 85,000 rifles during WWI to meet the US military requirement.
    Ohio Ordnance Works, Inc. manufactures a semi-automatic version of this rifle; 1918A3 (WWII version). The only one of its kind in production anywhere in the world, it is manufactured with some of the original USGI WWI and WWII parts.

For the last 18 years, we have taken great care in building of each rifle. Only the highest quality Ohio Ordnance original and USGI standard parts are used in its production. The heart of the 1918A3 is the receiver made from 8620 steel casting that has been carburized and induction heat treated. The castings are machined on state-of-the-art, CNC machining centers. Every rifle is fully assembled, inspected, test-fired and re-inspected under the direct supervision of our master armorer.

The entire manufacturing process is accomplished at our facility in Chardon, Ohio. Our team is made up of experts in the military ordnance field, some with over 40 years experience in the trade.
    During a Infantry Trophy Match at my local range, at 300yds using 600/500yd reduced targets a guy shows up to shoot the match with one of the OOW 1918A3 BAR's. He didn't win but it was cool to watch that rifle in action.....
    Colt Collector's Assoc. Member- 30+ yrs
    NRA Life Member- Free Men own Guns..... Slaves don't
    RIP My dear dog "Jake" (1998- 3/11/2011-pictured in the avatar).
    RIP My dear dog "Bosco" 12/30/2007-08/22/2019.
    Molon Labe......

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links