Colt Forum banner

Factory Letter on M16A1

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  LanceUppercut 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever got a factory letter on an M16A1? I called the factory a few years ago and was told they did not do letters on M16s. But I talked to a local gun store and they said I just had to know who to ask. But they did not know. I am a new member and hope I have not violated any rules. Thanks.

#3 ·
I received this email reply in August 2018

+++

Dear Oliver,

Unfortunately, we do not have records in our Archives on the fully automatic rifles. We only carry records and information on the Semiautomatic rifles.

The records for the fully automatic rifles for Law enforcement and Government use are not available to us for research purposes.

We are sorry we cannot be of assistance to you in this instance.

Sincerely,

Beverly Haynes
Colt Historian

+++

#5 ·
You are correct.

I filed a FOIA request with the BATFE about the registration history of a 14" Remington 11-87 I bought many years ago. Turns out it originally shipped to the Green Bay, WI Police Dept in 2005; I was the second owner. Most of the information was blacked out but there were a few phone numbers here and there which clued me in to its original owner.

Good luck with your request!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.