Colt M16 A2
Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By CLASSIC12

Thread: Colt M16 A2

Member #
    Liked
    1826 times

Colt M16 A2

During a gun show in December last year, I got to chat with a gun shop owner from the Italian part of Switzerland (called Ticino). He mentioned he had several full auto weapons for sale and I should shoot him an email to get the list (full auto weapons are not allowed at gun shows in Switzerland).

Here’s the list :

Plenty of nice weapons, but for me the Colt M16A2 was the most exciting item (well I ended up buying three weapons, but that’s another story).

I already have an A1, so it’s nice to have a pair. And I have never seen an A2 for sale so far.

After some negotiations, waiting for the owner’s responses (guns are on a consignment basis), then waiting for the special license, the rifle finally arrived. Cost me abt. $ 2500

I guess it’s an export model based on old A1 forging for the lower. It has a burst position.

Last edited by CLASSIC12; 03-04-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    Kerz, jeffro13, sgtsemo and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    663 times
    Congrats, I know you'll be very happy with it.

Here in the US that will cost ten times more, around low $20K up to the high $20K and only available are pre 1986 models, '86 and after citizens was banned to own machine guns.

We have the same upper forge marks on my Colt never issued USGI M-16A2 upper half I got way back in 2005, "C M" for Colt Martin Marietta, also have same peel washer of the flash suppressor.

New never issued Colt M-16A2 USGI uppers was plentiful here in the US after the ban expired in 2004 and also the year later 2005 and at a good low prices.

On your list of available full auto rifles lots of good models there.

I've got semi versions of the Steyr AUG rifle and carbine, IMI Galil 16" barrel carbine, and IMI UZI model B carbine, I wish I had more money to buy at least one full auto rifle.
    NRA Life Member since 1973
    Colt AR-15 Sporter SP1 rifle owner since 1971
    Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II carbine owner since 1985
    Colt 1911 Government Model Series 80 .45 pistol owner since 1984

Sponsored Links