Colt Forum banner

Lets see those ar-15 photos

108K views 458 replies 168 participants last post by  khe sanh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hello i am pretty new to this forum i was looking for a ar-15/m-16 photo thread and didn't see one, with that being said lets see them .

#214 ·
I love it , have two 3x , one is in x39 . Most are the 4x which are slightly larger.
I chose green horseshoe/dot , I like the 18” shoulder planes too - ballpark rangefinder .
I paid $750 each from Optics Planet , stole them actually.
In the future I would like to get an 1x, or 1.5 for my Colt GC.
They do work at closer ranges for me also , I’ve always heard that was a negative on them .
Most are 4x , maybe those don’t , but I thinkACOGS best all around for money .
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Fender

#215 ·
I love it , have two 3x , one is in x39 . Most are the 4x which are slightly larger.
I chose green horseshoe/dot , I like the 18” shoulder planes too - ballpark rangefinder .
I paid $750 each from Optics Planet , stole them actually.
In the future I would like to get an 1x, or 1.5 for my Colt GC.
They do work at closer ranges for me also , I’ve always heard that was a negative on them .
Most are 4x , maybe those don’t , but I thinkACOGS best all around for money .ne View attachment 720293
Agree that acogs are tough to beat! Most scopes, especially red dots, are really finicky with my astigmatism, but the 4x acog I have works perfectly for me. Thinking of getting either the 3, 2, or 1.5x for my next carbine build that I want to keep simple, light, and durable.

#216 ·
Don't see one of these posted on this thread yet, so thought I'd contribute - assuming Diemaco/Colt Canada examples qualify.

Limited edition civilian (semi-auto) version of the Canadian military's C7A2 - known as the SA20. They also produced a short run of the SA15.7, a commercial version of the military's C8A3 carbine. I added an Elcan C79 optic to mine.

This is my only example and, sadly and aggravatingly, it is now a safe queen thanks to a ruling by fiat by our current Liberal government earlier this year rendering it, and many others like it, a 'prohibited' firearm. The government's order-in-council is being aggressively fought, but the outcome and options for the future remain uncertain.

#217 ·
Sweet. Thanks for sharing with us all here.

#230 ·
Posted before but didn’t know how to post full image so I’ll try again. My LE6920 and it’s companion LE6951.
Your post of full image is fine, nice pair of Colts and nice picture.

My only non Colt out of my 5 AR long guns, a RRA (Rock River Arms) LAR-15 A4 9mm carbine that I assembled the lower half myself back in 2006, this picture taken around 10 years ago with Magpul MOE furniture, but same Daniel Defense drop-in carbine rails, shown with my Beta C-MAG 100 rounds 9mm drum type mag.

Usually when target shooting I take my other non AR rifles, at left is my pre ban IMI Israeli Galil model AR 5.56 16 inch barrel carbine with side folding stock and at right pre ban Steyr AUG A1 20 inch barrel bullpup type rifle.

Pre ban '89 Steyr AUG A1 16 inch barrel conversion barrel with factory NATO conversion stock that accepts M-16/ AR-15 type mags.

Same Steyr AUG A1 carbine NATO conversion stock with Lancer L5 translucent Gen 1 30 rounds mag (also shown PMAG window Gen 1 mags).

The good thing with most AR have bayonet lugs, here's my small collection, from top to bottom. IDF Israeli M7, current USMC issue OKC-3S, Eickhorn Solingen made in Germany M7 and US Imperial M7.

Top USMC OKC-3S mounted on USGI Colt M-16A2 20 inch barrel upper half, lower a custom extra length handle for 16 inch barrel carbines with carbine gas system General Cutlery M7. There are also bayonet extension adapters available for 16" barrels carbine gas systems.

#235 ·

My new Vortex SPARC AR II (2 MOA red dot) factory tan color on my Colt model SP6920 Sporter M4 Carbine (made in 2011). There goes some of my stimulus money, the rest I'm for sure to buy another firearm. :)

Reactions: binggo
#239 ·
New to me police trade-in.

Not sure of the model number or if this is the correct config. It was a trade-in from the San Antonio, TX. PD.

The way it was:

-commercial size stock and receiver extension held with green loctite.
-half circle BCG
-goose neck optic mount
-rear sling adapter on extension

Now:

Replaced the stock/buffer with parts from Brownells.
Replaced bolt carrier with full auto Colt (used original bolt, Firing pin, ect..)
Removed unnecessary junk

The barrel is dated 3-98

Has a "4" on front of carry handle.

Zeroed without issue and runs fine.

The only part that I did not clean was inside the pistol grip. It has some nice red Texas dust...