Colt Forum banner

7HT-9 COLT NAVY #101093Brevette or European copy of a Colt Model 1851 Navy S/N 101093

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  nghiggins 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Interesting revolver up for sale.What are the comments/opinions of the forum on this revolver up for sale on http://icollector.com.
Kind regards, ALSS.

#8 ·
I know but since the current one was posted above my response - I thought it would be interesting to see that it was sold a few months earlier and now being sold again.

#10 ·
Interesting revolver up for sale.What are the comments/opinions of the forum on this revolver up for sale on Live Auctions - Collectible, Antique, Coin and Firearm - iCollector.com.
Kind regards, ALSS.
I've corrected ALSS's above link in this reply but wanted to also point to a video on forgottenweapons.com entitled Colt “Brevete” Copy Overview: Legal, Illegal, and Post-Legal (Video), In this video ian McCollum discusses the history of european made "brevete", i.e. licenced, and unlicenced copies of Colt guns during the 1840s and 50s. The link to the video is here.
Hope you all find it interesting.
nghiggins

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.