Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2nd Generation Dragoon Prices?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    Cherry's has some very rare Signature Series guns in its inventory. There is a 3rd Model Dragoon with 4srew frame and cut out for shoulder stock, a 3rd Model Dragoon with fluted cylinder and a 1851 London Navy. All are quite reasonable priced.
    Happy Trails
    Kid O'Folliard
    SASS life # 55314
    BDS Western # 625

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I've always had a soft spot for those squareback triggerguards of the 1st-2nd models, but boy, a 3rd with cuts for shoulder stock would be tempting!
    V
    "Without any schooling you're up against it in this country, sister"
    Rooster Cogburn

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    I agree with FingersMcGee's comment - $795 is a 'reasonable price', but, as others have indicated, there may be better bargains out there. Just remember, they don't make 2nd generation percussion guns anymore. So, if you see that 'special' gun that turns your head, and if within your budget, buy it, and don't worry about the trivial change you can save by waiting for that 'better' bargain (which, more than likely, will be less than $100, anyway, since most of the 'standard' production guns, within the model range, normally price about the same) - that gun may never come your way, again.

Here is a consecutive serial number set of 2nd Dragoons I purchased several years ago for $1550 (it included boxes and original documents). I really only needed one, but how often does an consecutive pair become available, so...…….

09ab-2nd Dragoon-SN 34206 & 34207-09.JPG

Which were then sent to Adams Sr. and Adams Jr. for engraving and gold plating.

IMG_0105.JPG
    dallascowboy, Spudee, A34 and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vmathes View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for those squareback triggerguards of the 1st-2nd models, but boy, a 3rd with cuts for shoulder stock would be tempting!
    V
    If you like Dragoons with cut for shoulder stock look at this: https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...ation/44373440

Actually I wanted to buy the one from Cherry's but your export regulations are getting worse every day. Only for the export license and my import fees here in Germany I have to add more then the price of the gun. That total is much more then such gun is worth here.
    Last edited by dallascowboy; 10-26-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Happy Trails
    Kid O'Folliard
    SASS life # 55314
    BDS Western # 625

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links