1851 Christal Palace Exhibition early pecussion Colt revolver market COLT BREVETE

Member #
    Liked
    277 times

1851 Christal Palace Exhibition early pecussion Colt revolver market COLT BREVETE

Interesting article on an early Colt percussion revolver made by Colt in the USA and sent over to the UK to be shown in the 1851 Christal Palace Exhibition in that early period.https://www.gunbroker.com/item/837571792 The gun in marked COLT BREVETE. As shown in the pictures of the revolver. Dose the forum think is an original Colt made revolver and Colt sent this revolver over to the UK to be displayed at the Christal Palace Exhibition? Belgium, I believe was granted a Colt licence to make his patented arms for a few years around that time. Comments most welcomed on this article.]

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2336 times
    There is a previous thread on this revolver just recently posted in the Percussion section. You may wish to take a look at member "dandak" thread from 10/22. I think there is a link from an even earlier thread within that one.
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    " The Crystal Palace Exhibition 1851 "

Researching London Colt's over the past 45yrs;. I haven't come across any Colt Brevete revolvers, ever being displayed at the 51, Exhibition I might be wrong.

Michael

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1138 times
    "Brevete" is french for "Patentet". The Colts Brevete are Belgian products. A Belgian engraving on an original U.S. Walker?
    Last edited by hmaag; 10-28-2019 at 03:23 AM.
    Hans Maag, Switzerland

Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Not a chance.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links