Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 7.62Kolectr
  • 2 Post By desron6

Thread: Bogus ‘Haas Walker’ on GB

Member #
    Liked
    635 times

Bogus ‘Haas Walker’ on GB

Just a heads up to black powder aficionados, but beware of GB item #854465254, Colt Walker s/n ‘A Company No. 21’. It’s purported to be one of the 15 or so Walkers made in the Haas/Acevedo shop in the 1960’s, but as a former owner of a genuine example of one (among others), I can assure you it’s a spurious piece. What is being auctioned is either a late 2nd or 3rd generation Colt, or an Italian reproduction, which has been marked as originals and fake aged. Bidding is already up north of $1500 (itself a red flag, as genuine Thomas Haas Walkers routinely trade for $5-$10k). Hopefully no forum members will bid on this one.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1152 times
    You might consider sending the seller a note via GB. Just to inquire further... you might say.
    Vic
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerz View Post
    You might consider sending the seller a note via GB. Just to inquire further... you might say.
    Vic
    There is a chance the pistol was represented to the seller as advertised and they donít know any better?
    Could be on consignment with info provided. A message to the seller explaining the concerns might help.
    The response he receive will tell all. Itíll either be a defense of the goods or an apology. I have experienced both for other types of firearms.
    Kerz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    635 times
    I believe I’ll do just that; the seller is a dealer and may be going on information provided.
    Kerz and Hopalong like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    FWIW, what purports to be Colt Walker A Company No.21, minus the Haas attribution. is online. See https://history.army.mil/armyhistory/AH102(W).pdf Army History, pp 22-23.

Member #
    Liked
    554 times
    I am no expert on Hass Walker's. I do have 3 of the Colt marked Armi San Marco Walker's that were made in around 1980 or so. I think it's probably one of those that's been aged and had markings added. Or it could be a Colt 2nd Gen but the 2nd Gens usually have fatter grips.

GRI

Member #
    Williamsburg VA, Fredericksburg VA, Surfside Beach SC
    Liked
    2284 times
    Of note, the nipples are beat down and well woren, however, the cylinder notches show little use.
    "I go with Custer and will be at the death."
    **Last log entry New York Herald correspondent, Mark Kellogg, June 24th, 1876.**

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links