2nd Gen "F" Walker set in Brown cased cardboard box with Walker Pic on top

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

2nd Gen "F" Walker set in Brown cased cardboard box with Walker Pic on top

2nd Gen "F" Walker set in Brown cased cardboard box with Walker Pic on topPowder Flask.JPGWalker Box Inside.jpgWalker Box Outside.jpg

I purchased what seemed to be a Walker set, in the brown carbboard box with a picture of Sam Walker on the front, Picture #1from a reputable business.

The contents of the original box were in a subsequently purchased wooden box. It is noted the powder flask seems to be too large for the cardboard box, Picture #2. However it fit great in the wooden box.

Upon receiving the set, I do not believe the flask had "Made in Italy on the bullet cover.

HOWEVER, after the return from the police evidence locker, I note that the flask that was returned, Picture #3, had made in Italy stamped and it also has an additional scratched name in one banner and number in the other.

Can anyone tell me what was in these original sets and if the flask was stamped make in Italy.

If not, any suggestions about dealing with the police evidence locker.

John L.

Member #
    San Leanna, Tx, along the banks of Slaughter Creek. a days ride Bexar, Enchanted Rock, or Plum Creek
    Liked
    11 times
    I only collect Italian Walker oddities with "close but no cigar" Colt roll marks from the 1970s made before the 2nd gen guns. The Italian repro Walker flasks I have are not stamped made in Italy nor do they have Colt's Patent on the bullet cover nor on the banner on the flask. I believe the 2nd gen Colt flasks did.
    Care to share how the local pd evidence locker folks were involved. Were you burgerlized? If so that is terrible, if the evidence guys switched out your Colt flask with a repro, thats near as bad. Did you check the serial number on the Walker that you got back from the property room? From the 1847 mark it does appear to be a 2nd gen Walker.
    Last edited by elhombreconnonombre; 02-26-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Member THR Walker, 1858 Remington, Le Mat, Colt 1851/1860 Clubs; and my own Sharps .45-70 and Edwin Wesson long distance ml Target Rifle Club
    AKA Ranger Sgt. Smokey Bexar, Grand Army of the Frontier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi elhombreconnonombre,

The gun came from a reputable source and is marked in the appropriate places with the serial number within the range of the "F" guns, and has no foreign marks. It was even unturned till I got it back from MPD. The gentlemen from whom I bought the gun is 82 and I am 67, so we may have missed the " Made in Italy", and etching on the flask, but I doubt it. I specifically looked for anything Italian when I received the gun from the seller.

I have a couple of 2nd Gen "C" flasks that do have the Colt's Patent on the lid and the banners. I am just not sure about the "F" guns.

I have shot internationally, and foreign gun laws can't hold a match to Hawaii's. I just found out that, while black powder guns do not have to be registered in the State, one does have to have a permit to acquire black powder pistols, by serial number, waiting the 2 to 3 weeks for the permit to clear. Arguably "foolishly", I took the gun to MPD to register it, and it was held till the permit to acquire had cleared, though I have several modern pistols. The only reason I went to register it is that in a former burglary, a shotgun was the only thing recovered. Interestingly, the police did not finger printed the home, and said the fire arm had been handled so much they didn't think prints would be any good. Fortunately the "Fort Knox" safe held up to apparently several attempted methods of entry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    San Leanna, Tx, along the banks of Slaughter Creek. a days ride Bexar, Enchanted Rock, or Plum Creek
    Liked
    11 times
    Wow thanks for sharing. Whooda a thought Hawaii was like that.
    Member THR Walker, 1858 Remington, Le Mat, Colt 1851/1860 Clubs; and my own Sharps .45-70 and Edwin Wesson long distance ml Target Rifle Club
    AKA Ranger Sgt. Smokey Bexar, Grand Army of the Frontier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links