OK, DB68, I bought one DB-Now, how to fix the loose grip problem(Please!)?

Member #
    Liked
    197 times

OK, DB68, I bought one DB-Now, how to fix the loose grip problem(Please!)?

Since the .22 Diamondback(I bought)has loose, grips, now, I need the solution, for solving this problem(Since DB68, said that this wasn't really a problem!)?

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7976 times

Re: OK, DB68, I bought one DB-Now, how to fix the loose grip problem(Please!)?

The easy way is to get some 5 minute epoxy and some release agent of some type.

For release agent, you can use about any kind of wax from Johnson's Paste Floor wax to paste shoe polish wax.

Use an old tooth brush to apply whatever release agent to the entire area of the grip frame, especially the grip positioning pin.

To be safe, you can do one grip at a time, so there's no chance of overflow gluing both grips in place.

Mix some epoxy and apply a small dab into the grip mounting hole. It doesn't take much.

Assemble the grips with the screw, move the grips into the best position to match the frame, tighten the screw, and allow the epoxy to set up.

Remove the grips, and clean up the release agent and the excess epoxy.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times

Diamondback68: I have been waiting, for you to respond-and, to explain to me, your "Proceedure" for fixing the "Loose" grip fit problem, on my Diamondback? You did say, that you would go into this later(Once I had the gun in hand)? I'm interested, in anyone's input-but, I'd still like to hear, what DB68, has to say, about a solution, to this problem? I think that the "Forum's" DB "Expert", should not remain "Silent, regarding this issue? Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    75 times

The reason I hadn't responded was I have really been tied up for a coupla days.

The other reason I didn't respond more quickly is if in fact your problem is looseness around the stock positioning pin, which I suspect it is, then Dr. dfariswheel more than adequately gave you the solution. If not maybe you could you could expound a little more on what the details of the problem and we can work on that. If it is the stock positioning pin, try the epoxy solution first and see if that fixes you problem.
    The ultimate solution is simply to buy a new set of stocks, as they are still available NIP for around $55.00.

------------------
    Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
    BUT HANG ONTO ONE GUN,
    JUST IN CASE!
    Dick

If life was fair, the horse would get to ride half of the time.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times

Diamondback68:

1)Thanks, for your prompt response! And, I never had any "Doubt's" about your responding(As I was just "Teasing" you)!

2)I will take your advice, about the DB stock's! However, my "Preference" would be to get some new stock's!

3)Where is the source, for the new, DB stock's(That you mentioned, for $55)? I have been looking on ebay and, on other gun auction's-but, I have not found any new, DB, stock's? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Colt38 (edited 04-04-2004).]

Member #
    Liked
    75 times

I deal with and have bought several Diamondbacks from a small dealer down here that specializes in Colts and he usually has some spare factory stocks or can maybe get them for you.

Give Bob a call and see if he can help you out.
    Another souce might be Keislers out in Indiana (big Colt stocking distributor), but I don't have any info or telephone number.

SHOW-GUN
    320 S. Flamingo Rd.
    Suite 348
    Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
    Tel. 1-(954)-962-2342
    Ask for Bob.

------------------
    Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
    BUT HANG ONTO ONE GUN,
    JUST IN CASE!
    Dick

If life was fair, the horse would get to ride half of the time.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links