• 3 Post By Malysh
  • 1 Post By cremaley
  • 1 Post By cremaley

Thread: Resuts from the new COBRA...plus a NEW COBRA CYLINDER

Member #
    Liked
    150 times

Resuts from the new COBRA...plus a NEW COBRA CYLINDER

Went to the range today. Hopefulluy you will be able to see my first DA/SA traget at 7' - then I bought another unfired COBRA and tried to show the chambers-inside the cylinder. It appears that all six chambers were fired at the factory?

Finally, I had to show - that with my G-19 at 15' I am an avreage shooter, this is my bed stand weapon, which does have a laser and light.

So I have two New Cobras......one for MSRP and one that I fired - off of GB.

Pics - I hope will demonstrate an average shooter - IMO - with a new pistol ( Cobra ) - I really liked BTW, very smooth both DA/SA.....I just need to practice, and replace the front sight. I need something else, my eyes are not what they used to be.

New Colt:
    newcobracylinder.jpg

Fired Ccobra:
    firedcolt50rounds.jpg

Cobra Single Action:
    sa7ft.jpg

Cobra Double Action:
    da7ft.jpg

Glock at 15 feet:
    G1915ft3.jpg
    Malysh, Abwehr and Colt-SL like this.
    ​Hawk Man 77

Member #
    Liked
    1463 times
    That's 7'? How small is that target?

Member #
    Liked
    2118 times
    Good shooting hawk...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4843 times
    Practice, practice, practice.
    I'm sure everybody is happy you're pleased with the Cobra. You and another member have kept us busy reading about it. I appreciate the info, myself. I was impressed with the gun when I handled a few at the NRA Great Outdoors Show in Hbg. PA. Especially the DA trigger pull. I have been on the fence about getting one, going back and forth. Frankly, I need another snub 38 like I need a hole in the head. I have a lot of 'em. Some are collector pieces, some are carry grade shooters. The new gun is pretty cool, but it does nothing my old 64 Cobra, 55 Agent, and 62 Chiefs Special Airweight won't do except shoot 38 +P ammo. Still, buying one won't break the bank, so I am tempted.

The yellow head target reminds me of Homer Simpson. Do'h!
    Hawkman77, Colt-SL and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Malysh View Post
    Practice, practice, practice.
    I'm sure everybody is happy you're pleased with the Cobra. You and another member have kept us busy reading about it. I appreciate the info, myself. I was impressed with the gun when I handled a few at the NRA Great Outdoors Show in Hbg. PA. Especially the DA trigger pull. I have been on the fence about getting one, going back and forth. Frankly, I need another snub 38 like I need a hole in the head. I have a lot of 'em. Some are collector pieces, some are carry grade shooters. The new gun is pretty cool, but it does nothing my old 64 Cobra, 55 Agent, and 62 Chiefs Special Airweight won't do except shoot 38 +P ammo. Still, buying one won't break the bank, so I am tempted.

The yellow head target reminds me of Homer Simpson. Do'h!

You know what Nike says "just do it".
    Hawkman77 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ​CAN YOU RUN 850 FEET PER SECOND? IF NOT, YOU HAD BETTER BE BULLET PROOF

NEW COBRA 38 SPL+P
    Sig Sauer P365 9mm
    CZ P-10C 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman77 View Post
    Went to the range today. Hopefulluy you will be able to see my first DA/SA traget at 7' - then I bought another unfired COBRA and tried to show the chambers-inside the cylinder. It appears that all six chambers were fired at the factory?

Finally, I had to show - that with my G-19 at 15' I am an avreage shooter, this is my bed stand weapon, which does have a laser and light.

So I have two New Cobras......one for MSRP and one that I fired - off of GB.

Pics - I hope will demonstrate an average shooter - IMO - with a new pistol ( Cobra ) - I really liked BTW, very smooth both DA/SA.....I just need to practice, and replace the front sight. I need something else, my eyes are not what they used to be.

New Colt:
    newcobracylinder.jpg

Fired Ccobra:
    firedcolt50rounds.jpg

Cobra Single Action:
    sa7ft.jpg

Cobra Double Action:
    da7ft.jpg

Glock at 15 feet:
    G1915ft3.jpg

The more you shoot it the better you will get. My third outing was much better than my first. Because I use mine as my EDC I did not fire any single action. All shots were double action.
    Hawkman77 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NEW COBRA 38 SPL+P
    Sig Sauer P365 9mm
    CZ P-10C 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Overall, the new Cobra is a smooth DA and maybe 6- lb squeeze and 3 lb in SA, with more practice, from 7-9' that's where I think I would feel the best if I had to use it, hope never to , I'm positive I will tighten up those groups. I'm not a big fan of the front sight- waiting for the new ones to come-out,thanks cremaley for his keeping us posted on that front.

As for a CCG not it is probably for me, I'm just under 6 foot at 175 or so) but I'm sure it could be with the right clothing and body type. Living in Florida, not so much with clothing, mostly light pant or shorts .

For the MSRP - think it is a pretty good value, I give it an buy endorsement.

Someone asked how big the target was, it a 10x12 inch C&N SHOOT-stuck on a paper silhouette target.

My LGS told me he is not expecting anymore any time soon, but that doesn't mean much. He's a big SIG gun shop, I would imagine the bigger COLT shops will start getting them,so for those of you who want one, good luck. I'm sure you will have a shot at one.

Thanks to all who voted and those that made comments and just viewed. Check back in a month or so, and I'll post my progress with the new COBRA.

I still want a vintage one though-have fun at the range and be safe.

Hawkman 77

SHOOT'EM UP!................................Happy Trails!
    Last edited by Hawkman77; 06-17-2017 at 05:51 AM.
    ​Hawk Man 77

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman77 View Post
    Overall, the new Cobra is a smooth DA and maybe 6- lb squeeze and 3 lb in SA, with more practice, from 7-9' that's where I think I would feel the best if I had to use it, hope never to , I'm positive I will tighten up those groups. I'm not a big fan of the front sight- waiting for the new ones to come-out,thanks cremaley for his keeping us posted on that front.

As for a CCG not it is probably for me, I'm just under 6 foot at 175 or so) but I'm sure it could be with the right clothing and body type. Living in Florida, not so much with clothing, mostly light pant or shorts .

For the MSRP - think it is a pretty good value, I give it an buy endorsement.

Someone asked how big the target was, it a 10x12 inch C&N SHOOT-stuck on a paper silhouette target.

My LGS told me he is not expecting anymore any time soon, but that doesn't mean much. He's a big SIG gun shop, I would imagine the bigger COLT shops will start getting them,so for those of you who want one, good luck. I'm sure you will have a shot at one.

Thanks to all who voted and those that made comments and just viewed. Check back in a month or so, and I'll post my progress with the new COBRA.

I still want a vintage one though-have fun at the range and be safe.

Hawkman 77

SHOOT'EM UP!................................Happy Trails!

So glad you are enjoying your new Cobra.

NEW COBRA 38 SPL+P
    Sig Sauer P365 9mm
    CZ P-10C 9mm

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links