Resource for vintage Colt owners manuals?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Resource for vintage Colt owners manuals?

Just bought a New Frontier .22LR/.22 mag and would like to locate a vintage manual and a .22 mag cylinder box. I've Googled and can't seem to find anything other than a re-print on eBay. Anyone know of a good source? I was able to download a PDF from Colt's website, but would like to have a vintage manual and cylinder box to complete the recent purchase. Got the Colt near mint, in box with papers, less manual and box for spare cylinder.

Member #
    Liked
    2930 times

New Frontier .22 Manuals

There were four manuals that Colt used for the New Frontier .22 revolver that was made in the 1970's.

The first one was factory code number "FS-1000-1 12/69". This manual was the same one used for the later F and K series Frontier Scouts. See first photo. This is a four part foldout, printed on both sides and is about 4 inches wide by about 9 inches tall.

The second one was factory code number "NF-1000 4/72". Obviously, this manual was introduced in 1972 about a year after the introduction of the revolver itself. It is blue and white and is rather hard to find these days. See the second photo. It is the same layout and size as the Frontier Scout manual.

Since your gun is in the early two piece box, one of these manuals would be correct for your gun depending on when it was made. That would be determined by the serial number of the revolver.

When Colt introduced the styrofoam box with the woodgrain paper shell (about 1974), they also introduced a new manual. It was a small (3 by 4 1/2 inches) blue stapled booklet with factory code number 94851. There were actually two versions of this manual; one was used with the WC-68 warranty card and a later one had a warranty card attached as the last page of the manual.

I have attached photos of the manuals to this post.

By the way, I have examples of all these manuals available for sale as well as WC-68 complete warranty cards. I collect the Frontier Scout, Buntline Scout, Peacemaker .22 and New Frontier .22 revolvers and always try to have some extra manuals on hand. You can contact me directly at [email protected]

- - Buckspen
    Last edited by Buckspen; 04-26-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2930 times

Yellow box for Magnum Cylinder

The little yellow box for the Magnum cylinder is quite hard to find by itself. I see these for sale now and then with the cylinders, but rarely, if ever, by themselves. Finding one in nice condition is even harder. Most of them have at least one end torn off and sometimes both ends are gone.
    I think most owners of these guns threw away the boxes and put the cylinders in the little red felt bags like Ruger supplied with their Single Six convertible revolvers.

- - Buckspen

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the info and the great detail! I just ordered the Don Wilkerson book on the .22 Colts so I don't have to trouble you folks too much with questions.

I've sent an email inquiring of the pamphlet.

Thanks again!
    "Will work for ammo"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links