Colt Forum banner

1st Gen/2nd Gen/3rd Gen Grip Match

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Beck 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been looking around and several different older sets of SAA grips have caught my eye. How much difference is there between the 1st and 2nd gen grips as compared to the 3rd gen which is what I would want to fit them to? I would be willing to fit my frame to the grips if it's well within reason.

#2 ·
I have an old pair of two piece ivories that might be factory. Like pre 1900 maybe. They fit every 1st Gen. gun I've owned perfectly. We're talking 1877 to 1920. These grips are slightly undersized for every 2ND Gen. gun I've owned, and even moreso on 3RD Gen. guns which all seem to have bigger grip straps.
This is anecdotal but very consistant in my experience.

#3 ·
I have an old pair of two piece ivories that might be factory. Like pre 1900 maybe. They fit every 1st Gen. gun I've owned perfectly. We're talking 1877 to 1920. These grips are slightly undersized for every 2ND Gen. gun I've owned, and even moreso on 3RD Gen. guns which all seem to have bigger grip straps.
This is anecdotal but very consistant in my experience.
Wyatt Burp, would you say within 1mm between a 1st and a third or more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.