Colt's 2011 catalog...Reactions? Impressions?
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    774 times

Colt's 2011 catalog...Reactions? Impressions?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/DesktopModul...hod=attachment

I myself will withhold comment at this time as I would like to hear what others think.

Member #
    Liked
    1058 times
    So much for the SAA in stainless steel.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I find the layout very confusing. Every other page shows guns from Colt's history, and every other page initially got me all excited thinking I was seeing a reintroduction of some of their better models. Knowing that many Colt aficianados are hoping Colt's will reissue double action revolvers, why even show a nice Colt double action revolver in the catalog unless you are going to offer them for sale. It almost seemed to me like nose-thumbing. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, or maybe Colt's is just completely out of tune with the scuttlebutt in the firearms community.

I was really disappointed to see the black powder frame dropped from the SAA lineup, and really, really disappointed to see that they are going to press a stupid (IMO) anniversary rollmark on their stock model SAAs. I understand they are proud of their company, and if I worked there I would be too. I'm sure they wouldn't understand why someone wouldn't want the rollmark, so, again, they seem completely out of touch with, what I think is safe to say, the majority of their consumers.

I can't really comment on the automatics, as that isn't my cup at the moment.

I'll let you know how I really feel when I see the new price list. Maybe they will roll some prices back to make up for the blunders

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Ditto. Dave

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1392 times

Overall nice

A catalog should give one an overall feeling of buying the product. I believe it does that. On the plus side the SP901 in 308 with evil features is in the civilian catalog along with some AR15 models with evil features.

If I have any negatives about the catalog, it would be the association of Bonnie (of Bonnie and Clyde)and other infamous names with a 1903 Colt. Time does not deter the fact that they were criminals and sometimes lawless. This association runs 180 degrees from its cover statement that its products are intended for lawful use.

Member #
    Liked
    1014 times

Cool

Had high hopes for Colt, maybe bringing back some products that there is a growing markett for, like 380, 2 inch 38, but disappointed along with most Colt fans. It is what it is, this is Colt, 2 handgun lines with a few new variations. Seeing the old products interspersed with the present meager lineup, reminds of the 50 year old guy still wearing his varsity football jacket. Kind of sad still clinging to the old glory days, never to be seen again. Will do what I can to help, planning on a series 70 45 ,and a 45 New Frontier, but would have really liked a stainless DS2 and a Pocketlite 380 Government

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I don't have a problem with the catalog - in fact it's attractive and reminds me of some of the guns I like best from Colt. On the other hand, there's not much in there for me, since of the guns they have offered, I already own what I need. There just isn't much of anything in the catalog that I need or would fill a gap in what I have.

What I would really like to see, beyond new DA revolvers, is maybe some retro styled automatics - for instance I'd love to have a 1903 hammerless in a more potent caliber. I'd love to have a 1911 frame gun with a 1903 profile (I saw a custom job on a blog that did that). Maybe a recreation of a 1902 or a 1905, in modern steel? What about a 1903 hammer in 9mm? If Colt's going to hark back to its heritage, I'd like to see a nod to it the styling of new guns.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1715 times
    Hope they actually make the New Frontiers. They should be grerat revolvers. Not convinced they will sell all that well.

The pictures of all the grand old DA revolvers and semi-autos (the 1903) that Colt made only increases the feeling of general disappointment. JMHO.

Member #
    Liked
    1014 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Colt75 View Post
    Hope they actually make the New Frontiers. They should be grerat revolvers. Not convinced they will sell all that well.

The pictures of all the grand old DA revolvers and semi-autos (the 1903) that Colt made only increases the feeling of general disappointment. JMHO.
    I have always believed that the New Frontier deserved a second chance. Makes sense for a plinker ,hunter and self defense sa for those who choose to do so. Another factor is the aging population of CAS who prefer the large adjustable sights of a Ruger , but would rather have the Colt.A smart move was to offer all three barrel lengths. The older ones had an too few guns in the more packable 4 3/4 and 5 1/2 lengths.Now if they woul bring back the 22 /22 mag New Frontier and Peacemakers ,that would make even more sense

Colt Forum Friend

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    The timeline photos in the catalog are ment to pay tribute to milestones along our 175 year history, since it is our 175th this year. The Mustang will be made, it is at the SHOT show right now. The stainless steel SAA I'm told will be later this year and was not ready for catalog photos or SHOT.
    Brent
    PS: Yes, double actions are in the plans too. No Pythons at this time.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links