Two new Cobra variants?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Two new Cobra variants?

Member #
    Liked
    2712 times
    My areas of expertise are firearms and Latin females. Not necessarily in that order.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2709 times
    Wow, thanks John.....usually I don’t miss those things. I’m slipping.
    SKW

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    I thought the nra promotion was a limited amount of grips and the gun was not included in the promotion.

I tried looking into it a while ago but couldn't find any info. So I cannot confirm that it was only grips
    Last edited by Biffjohanson; 11-24-2018 at 07:26 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Cobra seems to be selling better than I imagined it would. I used to think they just weren't selling because I could go on their website and buy one whenever I felt like it but you don't just start dishing out variations for no good reason. It is selling, period. Maybe it will be a wake up call to Colt....naaaaah. They need new management, preferably people who know how to run a company, instead of knowing only how to run people through because of their military background. If they have enough awareness to give us bare minimum a king cobra I might change my mind on them, but just barely.

"omg Frank! these cobras are selling!"
    "I know Charles, I didn't expect that!!"
    "What should we do?!!!"
    "Well Charles, this is scary. Dunno what to do next. Revolvers selling in this day and age is madness. I just wanted to prove they wouldn't sell so people stopped nagging us about the snake guns. Let's shut it down!!!!"
    "YEAH DUDE THIS IS SCARY!!! SHUTTING IT ALL DOWN!!! Let's get back to our comfort zone! MORE 1911s!!!!!!"
    "yeah dude! we LOVE 1911s!!! WE USED THEM IN SERVICE! BECAUSE WE'RE MILITARY!!!!"
    "1911s4LIFE!!!"
    "I JUST SAW A 1911 WIP ON ONE OF OUR TABLES AND I CLAPPED!!!"
    "omg you just saw a 1911! I know what those are!"
    "Gotta give it up for the 1911! VERY COOL!"
    *both start clapping*

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Paid my Night Cobra off today. Ships Monday. These threads are expensive.
    $650 for a new model Stainless Colt Cobra revolver. $825 shipped for a Night Cobra. Buy one. Get Colt motivated.

Bright Cobra

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/colt-bright-cobra/

Nice collection Biff!
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 11-24-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    Uplander likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    Is there a serial # range for the ones fitted with the nra grips?

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    For what it's worth, my Night Cobra came in yesterday. It has a nice, smooth, even Black finish. A little more compact then I expected. A little lighter then I expected also.The Colt G10 grips feel great and ergonomically correct. Nice deep sight channel makes the tritium front sight very easy to see. It feels great in the hand and aims very naturally. The DAO trigger is extremely smooth and even. Can't wait to get it to the range.
    This is not the old Cobra, which is a fine handgun. This is a new revolver that I believe stands on it's own. If it shoots as well as it looks and feels it's a home run in my book.
    Looking forward to Colts next revolver entry
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 11-29-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Anxiously await range report with pics on the Night Cobra shoot!
    skwcoltguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times

For some reason I am having trouble posting pictures on this Forum tonight.
    My wife and I made a quick dash to the range today to pay our yearly dues. We were in and out in under an hour. We alternated, her firing her Berretta Tomcat and me the Night Cobra.
    I have gotten a bit rusty with revolvers, I have been spending most of my time the past few decades with semiautos and rifles. The Colt did well landing all rounds on a paper plate sized target at 25 feet. (Usually a ragged hole with a .45 auto at that range) I fired one box of PMC Bronze .38 Special and one box of Winchester Ranger +P.
    I felt that if it would have been a normal session with more time I would have tightened the groups significantly. The trigger had a nice even pull, but it would be nice if it was lighter. I have seen videos where they average about 8 pounds. Breaking it in I am sure should help it.
    Overall I am pleased with it and look forward to getting it out again soon, relaxing and getting used to it.
    One thing though, I got home and cleaned both guns right away and placing the Cobra in the case , still on my bench, noticed the front sight blade was missing. A quick look and It was on my work bench. It must have fallen out while I was wiping it down after cleaning. A very fortunate place to lose it. Apparently the Allen screw securing the blade was loose. Reviewing the picture I took of it before I left the range, you can see where it is just beginning to come out at the rear of the blade. Very tiny Allen screw and I did not have a wrench that small in my box. Rummage or shop. I am unsure of the exact size at the moment.
    A nice revolver. The sight blade issue could have been a lot worse if it came out in a different place. Can't wait to get it out again.
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 12-02-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times

New Colt Cobra

An update on my Night Cobra.
    I called Colt customer service last Monday morning. Had about a 20 minute hold. Talked to a representative, told him my front sight had fallen off my new Colt Night Cobra "self defense" revolver after 100 rounds. He did not bother to ask for serial number or any other information. I asked him if he could tell me the Allen wrench size, he was unable to. Asked if he could send me an Allen wrench, he said he would see what he could do and took my email address. I have heard nothing since. I've purchased a number of Colts in the last several years and what I have heard about thier Customer Service appears to be true.
    I purchased an electronics repair kit for $40 and used an Allen screw tip marked 'AO' that fit the front sight set screw.
    It appears to be a .028 size. I would recommend to anyone owning a New Colt Cobra to make sure the front sight set screw is properly secured.
    I like the revolver, but am disappointed with the experience.

It seems I am not the first.
    New Colt Cobras sight flies off during review.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...olver-testing/
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 12-10-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links