New Cobra Grips
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Cobra Grips

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    Just got my replacement VZ grips and decided to try the Operator II style with aggressive checkering. They look great on the King Cobra but once again they fit loose at the top. Called VZ and they are very concerned and think it may be the frame. Now Colt states that the King Cobra and Cobra have the exact same frame so aftermarket grips should fit. Here's a YouTube video I also sent VZ.
    https://youtu.be/d8HXe_utaJc
    Well we know the frame is not the same by looking at the topstrap, but it seems like it should be safe to assume the grip frame is the same

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just got my replacement VZ grips and decided to try the Operator II style with aggressive checkering. They look great on the King Cobra but once again they fit loose at the top. Called VZ and they are very concerned and think it may be the frame. Now Colt states that the King Cobra and Cobra have the exact same grip frame so aftermarket grips should fit. Here's a YouTube video I also sent VZ.
    https://youtu.be/d8HXe_utaJc
    I got my NMKC the other day and am wanting some grips to masked it mine sort of. My dad has a Cobra and Night Cobra, the Cobra has Altamont and the Night Cobra the g10. I will be trying both this weekend when I go see him and hopefully can confirm one way or the other. By the way does anyone know the maker of the grips on the Night Cobra?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey Everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know that VZ Grips is running a 20% off special. CODE: SPRING2019. I just placed an order for the logo series grips for my new King Cobra....Original Total without code 87.50. Grand Total with code: 71.70

Just trying to pass along some savings. Not sure when code will expire but can’t beat almost 16 bucks off.

Have a great day

Travis

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1067 times
    Bowhunter41 let us know if they fit securely.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I’ll let all know how they fit.

After checking the fit on my Cobra which I bought in 2017, the grips seem nice and snug

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Scratch my previous post in fitment with the VZ grips on my colt cobra. There is a slight wiggle

Member #
    Liked
    133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter41 View Post
    Scratch my previous post in fitment with the VZ grips on my colt cobra. There is a slight wiggle
    Are you going to return them, or attempt adjustment?

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Are you guys using this pin?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I’ll have to contact VZ Grips on MOnday but I have had the grips for at least 6 months.

For the King Cobra Grips. I only used one pin and not both and it seems nice a snug. I know one is suppose to use both pins that come with the king cobra grips and will install that tonight to see what happens.

Member #
    Liked
    3945 times
    Bob that's a very interesting thread. These grips feel great but that wiggle is driving me nuts. I could try some tape to tighten them up but for the price I paid I want a perfect fit from the factory.
    It's a common problem with the old Colts (and other brands) as well. The panels are held in place by the pin at the bottom and the rounded cut at the top, and this way of mounting doesn't allow for much deviation in the dimensions at all. It only takes a few 1/1000" difference in the gun or the grips for the grips be either wiggly or too tight, and in my opinion it's perfectly normal for guns of this design. I usually glue in shims to take up the slop, but the quick and dirty way of fixing it is to cut a piece of rubber band.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links