New Cobra Grips
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Cobra Grips

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The pics attached show the pins I am talking about. I originally installed he grips with only one pin, then I used both pins. I didn’t torque down to much on the grips when tighening (sp) but they seem nice and firm. I noticed on the Cobra the grips didn’t come with this second pin

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    So a quick summary. The new grips for my King Cobra seem nice and solid. I am going to camp tomorrow to shoot a little bit but upon initial feel of the gun, the grips are solid. NOW my Colt CObra is another story and will have to contact VZ Grips next week. I am unsure of how well I will make out since I have had the grips for quite some time but maybe since a number of people have been having issues I will get some help from VZ.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Have the Altamonts. Have to sand down some of the sharp edges. Otherwise, they are heavy but comfortable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1081 times
    I spoke to the VZ guys at the NRA convention at length about the problem I was having and they said they are waiting to get a King Cobra frame and rectify the fit problem. In the mean time I bought a set of Altamonts at the convention and just put them on. At first I thought I was going to have the same problem but after finally getting the frame pin that came with the grips centered everything came together. I'm happy to report though a pain to get on, the Altamonts are tight, also they look and feel great. I wish the VZs were this tight but I'm sure with their reputation they will fix the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    waltesefalcon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Thanks Mag 318. Just put a set of VZs on my Cobra and used a piece of duct tape on the rear gripframe to take up a few thousands of looseness in the fit. Very difficult for a grip company to call it perfectly on frame dimensions, as frame dimensions change. Ruger SP is one example of same problem. Love the Altamonts great color and style.

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    Mag, those Altamont stocks look great. I have a pair of their stocks on my Python and love the fit and finish of them.
    Thunderhorse likes this.
    Cheers,
    Walter

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mag318, the Altamont look great. I got a set of the blue black VZ and they fit my NMKC tight, and didn’t loosen up after firing. I did snug the screw down tighter than some people like though so maybe that had a bit to do with it also.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    I have Altamonts on both my Cobra and King Cobra. Excellent fit, no loosening.
    Sadly they do not fit my hand as well as I would like, so I am selling both sets and replacing them with something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    waltesefalcon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have VZ’s on my Cobra and they fit great.

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote56 View Post
    I have Altamonts on both my Cobra and King Cobra. Excellent fit, no loosening.
    Sadly they do not fit my hand as well as I would like, so I am selling both sets and replacing them with something else.
    What don't you like about the fit? And what size are your hands?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links