• 8 Post By smkummer
  • 1 Post By Uplander
  • 1 Post By johnlindly

Thread: Another New Service, keeping it this time

Member #
    Liked
    386 times

Another New Service, keeping it this time

Several years ago I got a beautiful New Service with a 4 1/2 inch barrel in 38wcf from Cam to go with my Remington carbine in the same caliber. After awhile I ended up selling it back to him. I have regretted it since. So, I bought a slightly less beautiful duplicate. I think this one has just enough character to be shootable. The one from Cam was too pretty to shoot. Has anyone else regretted selling a Colt so much that you bought another just like it?

It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1439 times
    Hell yes. I bought a NIB 3rd gen. Colt SAA buntline in the late 80’s for $500. Hauled that thing to several gun shows before I sold or traded it for a what I thought was a good deal. Never fired it. Later regretted not shooting it. That issue was solved about 10 years ago when I found another one with no box and shot. At 58, it sure seems I am going to more and more funerals these days. Life really is too short to not enjoy what a fine gun was made to do.
    Uplander, Ugly, Mosby and 5 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    Delta Gold Cup enhanced for me.

15 years after selling the first one, the second one came into my life unfired in essentially unhandled condition. I celebrated its arrival by raiding my late 80s and early 90s stash of long discontinued 10 mm ammo, including Black Talons. It’s a treasure.
    Mosby likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    386 times
    Thanks for the replies. I am surprised more haven't responded. I have had several of these I regret I sold them guns over the years. The NS is the only one I bought a duplicate of ....... so far.

Did an expedited email/letter for the NS and it went to Praeger Hardware Company in San Antonio in a one gun shipment on September 17, 1923. My first Texas gun.
    Mosby likes this.
    It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do.

Member #
    Liked
    4207 times
    I have a XSE LWT .38 Super that I bought twice.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Went both ways on the issue. Bought a Colt SAA from the custom shop a few years back. The finish was so good I really didn't want to shoot or holster it. The blued finish was that almost black, liquid looking type and it seemed prone to easy scratching. Traded it away, got an early 80's SAA that has the 2nd Gen type bluing. Seems a bit more durable and amenable to a bit of touch up if scratched.

On the other side of the coin, recently traded a very good New Service with King sights for a near perfect condition Shooting Master in 38 Special. I will put rounds through this one.
    dsf

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links