Need ID on grip screws

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Need ID on grip screws

Anybody know what these Colt grip screws are for? Short one is about 7/8" and the long ones are about 1 1/16" measured from the base of the screw head to the tip. The short one was in a package labled "Python Grip Screw" but I could have stuck anything in that package, had them for years and forgot. Only thing I know for sure is they are Colt. Could be Python, D Frame, Trooper MK III, or King Cobra. Going to put them on the "for sale" cheap to find a home but don't know what they are.

Member #
    Liked
    1821 times
    Look like the .22 Scout/Peacemaker series.

Member #
    Liked
    2680 times
    The shorter one is for a Frontier Scout, Buntline Scout, Peacemaker .22 or New Frontier .22 revolver. Don't know about the others.

- Buckspen

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I never owned any of those so must be for something else.

Member #
    Liked
    2680 times
    Well, I measured several stock screws that I have for the SA .22s and they were all the same, about 7/8 inch from base of the screw head to the tip. Stock screws will vary a little in length depending on the thickness of the actual stocks. For instance, a stock screw for a pair of thick stag stocks on a SAA will probably be a little longer than one for the standard black hard rubber stocks.
    I have only owned three Pythons in my gun collecting career, but I remember that the screws were similar to the SA .22 screws but a little longer. That might be what you have. Likewise they may be for a similar revolver like a Diamondback. I suspect that stocks screws for the thick target type stocks might be a little longer than those for the service type stocks.
    Just guessin'.

- - Buckspen

Member #
    Liked
    1332 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckspen View Post
    The shorter one is for a Frontier Scout, Buntline Scout, Peacemaker .22 or New Frontier .22 revolver. Don't know about the others.

- Buckspen
    The shorter screw is also for the Trooper MKV, King Cobra/Anaconda wood combat stocks, Det. Special/Cobra/Agent, OP, PP Special and Woodsman.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links