• 2 Post By Lumberjack
  • 1 Post By big_gus
  • 4 Post By skwcoltguy

Thread: Value Anaconda 5" Lew Horton edition NIB

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Value Anaconda 5" Lew Horton edition NIB

If anyone has info on value of 5" Anaconda NIB condition please let me know.I have one and thinking of selling.Thanks.Will post photo shortly.Like I said THINKING of selling.Thanks for responses.
    AndyB
    https://www.coltforum.com/forums/att...4417318528.jpg
    Last edited by AndyB; 09-15-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1635 times
    These do not come up often. A few years ago at the top of the snake market it was reasonable to expect $5,000 for truly new in box. I think now, although I have not seen recent sales, it will pull about $4,000 in a VERY competitive auction. That means selling through a top dealer, paying commissions and running the risk of a penny/no-reserve auction. I would think in a private sale it should get at least $3,000.

Member #
    Liked
    391 times
    New in box?
    Ive seen them sell $3,000-$6,000 the past 2 years.
    I assume the sale price depends on where you sell it and how bad somebody wants it.
    I think i heard or read there are less than 200.

I've was trying to hunt one down for a while. I only seen one in person and the owner had no interest in selling it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1635 times
    The 4” .45 Colt which is also almost as scarce, but seems to get traded more frequently used to get at least $4,500 in good auctions back in 2015-2016. Now it is lucky to get $3,200-$3,500. Apply the same ratio to the 5”.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3309 times
    People are stone cold crazy about these. While some are down IF it’s truly NIB still a solid $5k gun. If not expect less.
    big_gus and g27racing like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    Donít see them often, an absolute minimum of 4K, maybe as much as 6k if itís a legitimate nib with nice package. This is one that can get crazy because itís up there with the Boa as one of the most sought after snakes period. The ones waiting for one are willing to dig deep into the wallet.
    g27racing likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    There was one on Gunbroker in April item 802572874 - it had been fired and had no serialed box. I stopped bidding at $5600 or so and it sold for over $5700. It's a thin market and Lumberjack and Winston are much more active than I am, but I would think NIB would bring a nice premium over $5700, maybe $6500-$7000.
    Last edited by Swoobie; 09-09-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    ^^^ thatís more along the lines I was thinking too but didnít want to over shoot it, better a little low than too high if heís trying to buy it. Plus I havenít been watching snake guns lately like I used to. Going by that auction then, 7 probably I believe. Correct nice boxed complete package guns nib usually AT LEAST 30% more (probably more like 50%) than a described gun above. Also canít go off of one auction but this is one thatís ALWAYS going to get lots of attention.
    its the most Sought after most desirable version of the Anaconda. There are a couple of one off cool guns out there, but one offs never worth a pile usually. Itís always the ones in the 50 to 500 run range that get super collectible. Just enough to get many collectors to know about them and talk, but not enough to go around to them all. That equals Cha-Ching!
    Last edited by big_gus; 09-09-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2709 times
    arjay, big_gus, Mickey_D and 1 others like this.
    SKW

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links