• 1 Post By hwb
  • 2 Post By oberon
  • 1 Post By gmitch

Thread: What should I do with the box?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

What should I do with the box?

I purchased new in 1995 a 6" anaconda. I still have everything, blue plastic case, cardboard sleeve with end flap, receipt, even the pachmayr grips (I put hogue's on it).
    The gun was stolen out of my car, and now I have everything BUT the gun. What should I do with what's left? Sell it, or keep it and hope against hope that the gun is recovered, (its been gone about 2 yrs now).
    ei8ht likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1420 times
    I would still hang onto it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ei8ht likes this.
    Thanks...

K

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    There is still a small a small chance that you will get the gun back
    ei8ht likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    My brother had his Smith 29 stolen from his house and then replaced by the insurance company. Nearly 5 years later the gun was taken off a drunk guy in a bar. The police called my brother and my brother called the insurance company. They told him they don't take recovered guns and that he should go get it and keep it. He went and picked it up, it was still virtually new. it now resides in my safe...but he gave it to my son, not me

I'd keep the box.
    ei8ht likes this.

hwb

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Look for another 6" Anaconda gun only for replacement. Now you have gun, box and a "thieve can't win" story. Then one day out of the blue a phone call from out of town LEO says we confiscated this revolver I think belongs to you. There, a happy ending. Just keep it brother.
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9040 times
    In the unlikely event the identity of the thief becomes known to you, you may wish to feed him the box & accessories through the rear passage. It would be a just, righteous, and fitting thing, were you to have the opportunity.
    Jes' sayin'.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    That's what I thought I should do. I was cleaning the other day and ran across the box, and got upset all over again. I'll just put it back, and keep my fingers crossed. Every time I read in the paper that some meth-head was busted with a gun, I get my hopes up.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    In the unlikely event the identity of the thief becomes known to you, you may wish to feed him the box & accessories through the rear passage. It would be a just, righteous, and fitting thing, were you to have the opportunity.
    Jes' sayin'.
    I ran across fairly priced 629-5 shortly after insurance paid me. The thief would probably get the business end.
    Then I would get my colt back, the smith would be sold or traded for something else.
    denpython likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links