Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Springfield52
  • 1 Post By feralmerril

Thread: Perfect Plinker

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Perfect Plinker

I've now put 300 rounds through my recently acquired Frontier Scout, and I do believe that of the rim fire handguns I've owned this is my favorite. It's more accurate than any of my previous .22s, and I think it's the combination of barrel length (4 3/4") and the single action trigger that make it so. I really enjoy the loading and unloading process, and slowing down to concentrate on my shots.
    Signal_20 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9089 times
    I started out almost 60 years ago with a ruger single six. I probably shot it more in my first six or seven years than most my handguns put together since until it was stolen out of my house. I have since replaced it with one made about 1958 I found in new condition. I also own a old nickle scout probably made in the late fiftys. I will be giving it to a step grandson when I feel he is ready for it. He already has shot it. Being nickle the front sight is hard to pick up and not the best. Trouble with starting out on a single action is I STILL shot SA with all my DA revolvers except for yearly qualifications on my job for 35 years. But now even DA revolvers are considered dinosaurs since all LE now went auto. I have been behind the curve on everything my entire life! You know, finally bought a 8 track 3 months before cossets etc. Here are those two .22 single actions. (The newer single six shown with the old single six is in .32 h&r mag). Old habits are hard to break.

Last edited by feralmerril; 10-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    inspcalahan likes this.

Sponsored Links