Official Police .38 and Owner retires from Law Enforcement!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Official Police .38 and Owner retires from Law Enforcement!

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

Official Police .38 and Owner retires from Law Enforcement!

Greetings, Colt Forum Members! Former member here, that drifted away from this forum for the last couple of years. I went by "Official Police" as my password. I retired in July 2016 as a deputy sheriff, making a total of 45-years service, with my PD job thrown in for good measure. I was Chief of Police in a small Georgia town during the 80's and into the early 90's, before retiring (changing jobs) and working as a supervisor of a small group of deputies at an infamous place referred to as "Fort Apache", a large building that houses the Welfare Office, Health Department, and 5-Mental Health clinics. It was get-to-go at the Fort, as I just thought I had a cushy job before retiring for good. I humbly apologize for my extended absence from this great forum. For most of the duration of this career, I carried three different model Colts. The Official Police, the Metropolitan, and the Police Positive Special. All .38's, and all cop six-guns! I weathered the great change-over in 1992 to the semi-automatic pistol. I was graciously grand-fathered in with my Colt by leadership, a real privilege, when I reflect back on it. I just had to qualify yearly for the State of Georgia mandated course-of-fire. Please be so kind as to excuse this too long of a introduction of myself. I thought some of the recent year members might find that there was a cop still packing a revolver, a Colt Revolver (OP) in 2016. I have not completely quit, as I continue to serve as a Reserve Deputy, pulling security in the courtrooms of Columbus. Georgia. That old "Official Police" that I first carried in 1971 as a rookie is "still" residing in my duty holster today. I will post pics asap, if interest indicated. Thanks for your patience!

Member #
    Liked
    4182 times
    Glad to hear from you again.
    While underrated today the .38 Special had dispatched it share of bad guys, and I'm sure more than its share of critters.

I like my Official Police, so much so that I recently added an O. P. .22, both 4 inch.
    jeepnut711, Ugly, WVCOLT and 2 others like this.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    Please post some pics as they are always nice to look at especially with Service holsters. These were a mainstay foe the Law Enforcement as you stated and are very accurate. The semis are nice but too easy to spray and pray where the old revolver made one more sure of each shot. IMO
    Ugly, WVCOLT, Colt-SL and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2852 times
    What! you don't carry a thumb buster!??

Welcome back- the OP is OK! post er up please.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3171 times
    Hello and a "BIG WELCOME BACK" from West Virginia. Glad you have rejoined us here.
    Ugly, Colt-SL, jeepnut711 and 2 others like this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Member #
    Liked
    2442 times
    You've been gone for a couple of years? Where does time go. Post some pics and welcome back.
    WVCOLT, jeepnut711 and krag96 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9089 times
    When I first hired into Lockheed as a security guard in 1965 we had 4" official polices. I checked the dates on some and they all dated about to the Korean war. We also had older officers model matches (6"`s) they used to train us with, probably from world war 2. As time went on we were issued Ruger speed six`s and Smiths 586`s all in 4". Eventually I was the oldest seniority guard there and retired in 2,000. Right up to the end I preferred to carry the old official police`s. In fact most were sold off and I almost think they kept just a couple for me as the newbys all liked the new smiths. I went for light weight. The rugers and smiths were heavier and more bulky.
    WVCOLT, jeepnut711, Kerz and 1 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13380 times
    Welcome back David!!
    WVCOLT, jeepnut711 and krag96 like this.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    640 times
    Please post up some pics of that long carried service piece!
    jeepnut711, WVCOLT and krag96 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2602 times
    WVCOLT and krag96 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links