New King Cobra Target
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New King Cobra Target

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

New King Cobra Target

First post here. I have been interested a Colt revolver for a while but the prices of the older ones have been keeping me away. So when the new King Cobra Target came out, I knew I wanted to take the plunge.

So I decided I would sell one of my semi pistol to help cushion the purchase. Tried all my local gun stores and they all would take my trade but none of them had nor could promise a speedy delivery of the KCT. So I am on vacation this week in another part of the State and decided to bring my semi along to see if one of the local dealers could help.

I walk into the local gun dealer by vacation house, I tell the guy I want to get a price on my used semi, they say fine and ask what I am looking for. I say you won’t have one but looking for a KCT. He tells me he will see if they have one. Yea right. Sure enough he Comes back out with a blue box and opens it up and there was a brand new KCT. I am floored, we dicker a bit on the trade and I of course end up buying it. Paid $995 minus $450 trade. Completely unexpected but thrilled to death.

I get get to pick it up in a week (state law).

As far as the KCT, I am very impressed with feel and balance of the gun. Trigger was great. It just felt perfect in my hand. Very happy guy.
    Kerz, Kraaaken, KellyCB11 and 4 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    509 times
    Most pleased it worked out for you. Gun pics and target results are always welcome.
    Welcome to the forum from KY.
    Vic
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    We finally got one in at the shop I work at. Has nice balance and feel to it. Just hoping someone will buy it and save me some money when it doesn't follow me home.20191003_162535.jpg
    Rick45, Hanshi, Ugly and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Another Winner for Colt. When will we see the guns in blue ? Anyone ?

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1915colt View Post
    We finally got one in at the shop I work at. Has nice balance and feel to it. Just hoping someone will buy it and save me some money when it doesn't follow me home.20191003_162535.jpg
    Interesting grips, hadn't seen those before.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1407 times
    I got one the first week the KCT came out. Best new snake so far IMHO. Also have the new model Cobra which is a close second. Liking the new brushed finish in the KCT Vs the sort of parkerized like finish on the Cobra. Added some other stocks on it for giggles and finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hanshi, Ugly and Badaim like this.
    Thanks...

K

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    The grips are Altimont I believe. Very good feel to them.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Anyone who has bought one, do your Altamont grips have some movement to them? Also, how is the fit at the rear top of the grip where it meets the frame? Mine has some play and the fit at the frame is sloppy, like it was done unevenly with hand tools.

Also, there is some endshake. It's about .003 inches, which is within tolerance as far as I've read. The only issue is that the reason it's not able to move forward more is because the motion is stopped by the forcing cone. It's a new design altogether so it seems likely it was designed that way, but it makes me wonder. Anyone else have any personal experience yet with their King Cobras in these areas?

Lastly, it seems to lead pretty badly. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it. Hopefully it will slow down after some break in shooting.
    Last edited by Winchester62again; 10-09-2019 at 03:26 AM.

JWP

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Yeah I second the end shake thing. I looked at a brand new KC in a shop the other day and noticed the end shake. I didn’t have any feeler gauges with me to check but if it wasn’t over .003 it was mighty close. Maybe the spec is different now but it sure felt sloppy. Otherwise I really liked it. But that did scare me some.

Member #
    Liked
    2665 times
    I have two revolvers with Altamont grips. Neither one has any movement whatsoever. One is a S&W K22 and the other a Colt Police Positive Target.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links