I really, REALLY, like this .41
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: I really, REALLY, like this .41

Member #
    Liked
    12463 times

I really, REALLY, like this .41

I realized today I have some ammo for my 3" (3 line barrel address) .41, made in early 1903. It completely slipped my mind. Twenty two rounds of Western .41 Long Colt. Everything is fine with this gun except when I test dry fired it single action, the hammer falls half way and catches. Then I re-cock and lower the hammer. But when I fire SA by applying pressure LOWER on the trigger, it works fine. Just not 1/4" higher on the trigger. DA is fine. It feels excellent in the hand and perfect in 1903 for the same purposes anyone would carry a Detective Special today but bigger bore. It looks like it was "steel wooled" at some point but not buffed. I think it's beautiful.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 11-04-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1139 times
    I see that Cimarron catalogs (CA3054) their version of the Lightning in .41 Colt as well as in .38 Special. I have not been able to get my hands on one, but looking at what reviews and videos that are out there, it is a three click action with a frame mounted firing pin. I like the looks of it, but wish it was a bit more traditional.

light-3-38sp-smgrpfullimage_2.jpg
    muddyboot likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    I have the cimarron. It’s a little jewel and shoots well to boot. I haven’t seen any for awhile and just wonder if they haven’t been dropped from their website. Can’t imagine they were big sellers.......
    old tanker and muddyboot like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1649 times
    A scarce gun in the 3" barrel. A Colt letter might be interesting.

Member #
    Liked
    1341 times
    I have a very similar 3 inch 41. It is a transitional with 1889 cylinder in 1892 frame.

My 1889.jpg My 89.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    The "3 clicks" are kind of driving me up the wall. Very creative system, but I like the 4 clicks best. Unfortunately they're getting harder to find. I had to hit 4 stores, including some of the larger chain stores, to find just one. BTW, the photo you included is a "4 click". The trigger set well to the rear is a dead give away as the "3 clicks" sits much farther forward.
    dsf

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
    The "3 clicks" are kind of driving me up the wall. Very creative system, but I like the 4 clicks best. Unfortunately they're getting harder to find. I had to hit 4 stores, including some of the larger chain stores, to find just one. BTW, the photo you included is a "4 click". The trigger set well to the rear is a dead give away as the "3 clicks" sits much farther forward.
    May be I don't understand what you mean with 3 or 4 clicks ? DA vs SA ? are you comparing the sound of a new army 1892 with a model 1889 ?

OK I got it; You were talking about replicas...
    Last edited by poudreverte; 11-05-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
    +1

Member #
    Liked
    12463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranter45 View Post
    I have a very similar 3 inch 41. It is a transitional with 1889 cylinder in 1892 frame.

My 1889.jpg My 89.jpg
    It's amazing the American made hardware you seem to find so easily at guns shows down there. And this is just another example. But according to the movies, "Ned Kelly" and his band seemed to acquire Colt and Remington pistols easy enough. The Heath Ledger one especially. I loved the stag grips on my .41 but sold them and left the gun original. The grips were on the gun for 116 years and it deserved to stay that way.
    MarkInTx and muddyboot like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt Burp View Post
    I like it (and have 41 LC ammo) if you want to send it to a loving home.
    A good friend also really likes that Mississippi Mud Beer.
    Wyatt Burp likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links