I Knew I Shouldn't Have Stopped By the Gunshop. (Colt 357)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I Knew I Shouldn't Have Stopped By the Gunshop. (Colt 357)

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

I Knew I Shouldn't Have Stopped By the Gunshop. (Colt 357)

Last month it was an excellent condition 1948 Fazerly Enfield No.4 MK I for $299. Two months before that it was a pristine M96 Swedish Mauser for $399. Today they had a 1961 manufacture Colt 357 in excellent condition, original grips with just a bit of holster wear on the right side of the barrel for $499. It is missing the knurled end of the ejector rod but they have ordered a replacement. It would be a great addition to my 1957 Colt 357 and near identical Colt Trooper in 357 but I forced myself to leave and think about it over night. What would you do?

Member #
    Liked
    1359 times
    One thing you can be sure of - if you liked it someone else will also. Probably won't be there tomorrow.
    kenhwind likes this.

JWP

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    You should immediately PM me the name and phone number for said gun shop...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranter45 View Post
    One thing you can be sure of - if you liked it someone else will also. Probably won't be there tomorrow.
    Well they closed 90 minutes later so hopefully someone else who appreciates and recognizes the value and craftsmanship of those Colt revolvers didn't make it in. I will probably be waiting outside the door when they open in the morning.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1450 times
    Tell a shooting buddy about this deal. I have told 3 others of officers model match 38 revolvers that were good deals and those 3 friends/shooters have not regretted the decision to buy. Of course it’s good trading stock at a gun show as well if you find having 3 of the same models a bit overkill.
    MarkInTx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1881 times
    If you want it and nobody goes hungry and rent is paid...go get it. Otherwise smkummer has good advice.
    Colt-SL likes this.
    "Cowards never lasted long enough to become real
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ." --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life Member: NRA, TSRA, NMSSA
    Action Pistol Director-TSRA

Member #
    Liked
    4278 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranter45 View Post
    I did that. LGS had a 4 inch blue 357 nothing to brag about but would have been a nice condition shooter. Aw its just another old Colt DA. Procrastinated and gone when we finally went back.
    And I could have had it put away for me by just asking.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I got to the gunshop an hour after they opened this morning and went to the end of the used revolver section where the Colt 357 was yesterday and oh no it wasn't there. I asked the owner if they sold the Colt 357. He said, "Oh yeah somebody got that one, oh wait a minute, you mean this one?" Whooohoo, they just moved it. I took another look at it, confirmed the replacement for the missing ejector rod head had been ordered and shipped and they would provide it when it arrived. It also came with an aluminum grip marked "Melvin Tyler's Grip Okla City 14" and a Flaig trigger shoe. $499 out the door. I took it straight to the range and it shoots great.

Attached Images Attached Images

JWP

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I think you did very well!

Member #
    Liked
    705 times
    Way to go night eyes!
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member