Something added to an existing revolver
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By CWO4USCGRET

Thread: Something added to an existing revolver

Member #
    Liked
    4266 times

Something added to an existing revolver

Seven years ago (2 years before retiring from CBP) I bought a lettered Police Positive Special, marked C.P.R. No. 6, for the Canadian Pacific Railway. Shortly after getting it I reached out to CPR to see if there was any information they had on the gun. As I posted then I received a reply from Sean Boli who was the Head of CPR's Security. Sean told me that it was one of (fifty per the letter) the first shipment of revolvers ordered to standardize the side arm carried by its personnel. Sean also said it could have been used on one of their trains, ships, or in one of their hotels. He said that the .32 caliber chambered revolvers were taken from service before WWII; the .38 chambered guns were still in use post WWII.

Jim (ei8ht) and I traded some guns a few years ago and he included Hong Kong Police badges and a Rochester, NY Police hat badge so I got the idea to find a CPR Badge. I can't verify the accuracy nor the time period of the Canadian Railway Police badge I bought off of E-Bay; I suspect that it is probably a hat device for a uniformed officer but will need to do more research. It could even be a "fantasy" badge; but it goes well with my revolver.

I superimposed a picture of the badge to a picture of my revolver - I'll take some more pictures of the two together.

The seller, in Ontario, Canada included a pin of what looks like a RCMP marked Chevrolet Caprice Police Car:

Member #
    Liked
    1269 times
    Nice looking badge, regardless.
    Looks good with the revolver.
    rayb
    "Low End Accumulator.........Ships aren't built for harbours, & guns aren't built for safes"

Member #
    Liked
    4004 times
    Your pictured CPR badge is a very old hat badge prior to the time period when badge numbers were added to them. Your RCMP pin is from the 80's when the Mounties still had a nicely painted "traditional" style of paint scheme on their "Cruisers".

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    740 times
    Chief
    That is a great pair and cool story!
    Vic
    Preparedness + Opportunity = Luck
    NRA Benefactor Member
    KY & WV State Rifle & Pistol Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2924 times
    Very nice!!!

I have a C. P. R. .32 from about 1914 IIRC. Could you please forward the info from your contact at the agency in order for me to see if they have a record of mine??

Thanks!!
    Charles
    WANTED: Police & Company issued revolvers!!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links