Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sf-vi

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Sf-vi

Hello, everyone... New member here.

I have a question that I am hoping others can help me with. Background info....

21 years ago I got married. When I popped the question I conditioned it with the requirement that she would carry a gun. She agreed! So, off to the gun store I go... Since I was purchasing a revolver for her naturally I would need to purchase a matching one for me. And so I purchased the two Colt 38's in the picture. Both are SF-VI with hers being the Special Lady version. I took her to the range to let her get acquainted with the trigger and the recoil. She shot it less than 50 times, put it in a holster and it has been there ever since. I put about 100 rounds through mine, carried it for a while then put it back in the box and grabbed my Glock 30 and never looked back.

Now my question... I am now thinking of carrying a revolver again and just happen to find out that the two I have are of limited production and may be of value. So, if you had these two would you use them for EDC or would you get a different revolver? If they are a collector's item what ballpark?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jeff

IMG_0260.jpg
    SHOOTER13 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Howdy from N Texas and welcome to the community.

Member #
    Liked
    1359 times
    I have an early one - SV0009. They were only in production for a short while but I doubt they would pick up any significant collector value in the foreseeable future.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1868 times
    Welcome , and please read
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    COLT TO THE CORE

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    The Colt special lady is quite valuable especially if you still have the original box with the matching end label. The SF-VI is not inexpensive but again the Special Lady is quite valuable.

Member #
    Liked
    9250 times
    They look to be about the best choice possible to CC pocket carry. For many years I have packed snubbed hammer smiths.
    I don`t know about the rarity or value but they look to be the perfect packing snubbed revolvers. By the way, I cant see what difference there is between the pair. What is it?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16106 times
    As G27racing said, I know that the Special Lady will bring much more coin than original price. It is a collector gun.
    The SVFI was only made for 2 years, so itís not off the charts collector value, but itís also worth more than original price.
    Here is an option to consider.. if you really donít really care about any collector value of the guns yourself, and really just want revolvers for protection, Iíd sel, the two guns, and the revenue will easily fund two new Colt cobras which will have the high visibility front sights that can be swapped out for night sights now, .... and will have the newer internal spring for a better double action trigger pull. The new Cobras are basically the same gun as the SF-VI with those improvements and prices have come down to be had for under $600 I believe. Two new guns and some cash left over.
    Both SF-VI and new Cobra are mim parts guns, and they are very similiar. Just a thought for ya.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    1483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
    They look to be about the best choice possible to CC pocket carry. For many years I have packed snubbed hammer smiths.
    I don`t know about the rarity or value but they look to be the perfect packing snubbed revolvers. By the way, I cant see what difference there is between the pair. What is it?
    The difference between the two is that the Colt Special Lady is basically a SFVI but in factory Bright Stainless and with a factory Bobbed Hammer. As mentioned those were made in very limited quantities and tend to bring a premium price today.
    feralmerril likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11280 times
    Welcome to the COLT Forum !!

Enjoy Our Community...

Carry yours...Keep hers by her side...so she can protect herself when you're not around.

Neither sold will make you rich...

Just my 2 cents...

Lonestar57 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NRA Life Member since 1977...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like this idea. When I purchased them I didn't get them to collect, they were for protection. But if I could get a Cobra!!! I may visit my local gun shop and see if he is interested in buying/trading both guns. I have the original cases and paperwork...may have the original receipt, not that that would add anything to the price. Thank you, this really helped! I off to do some research on Cold Cobra's!:~)

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links