Price check on a 1969 nickel 4" Trooper MK III
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Price check on a 1969 nickel 4" Trooper MK III

  1. #11
    Senior Member

    Member #
    8099
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Louisiana
    Posts
    2,655
    Liked
    1366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick45 View Post
    Guys---Looking for some help, I found a 95% condition nickel 4" Trooper Mark III, sorry no photos.
    I understand that it's almost impossible to give an accurate without a photo. I am calling this Colt 90/95%, bore is bright, nickel finish good without staining, no holster wear and the grips are 100%. They are asking $800.00, is this a fair price?
    If factory target stocks, the '69 would have the high arched top stocks with silver medallions (not the same as shown on the 1975 MKIII).

  2. #12
    Senior Member

    Member #
    33681
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    457
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mafd2 View Post
    If factory target stocks, the '69 would have the high arched top stocks with silver medallions (not the same as shown on the 1975 MKIII).
    Do you have a photo of high arched top stock with silver medallions?

  3. #13
    Senior Member

    Member #
    8099
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Louisiana
    Posts
    2,655
    Liked
    1366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick45 View Post
    Do you have a photo of high arched top stock with silver medallions?
    Comparison of MKIII high arched target stocks circa 1969-1971 on a 4 blue MKIII and target stocks from 1972- mid 1976.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member

    Member #
    33681
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    457
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mafd2 View Post
    Comparison of MKIII high arched target stocks circa 1969-1971 on a 4 blue MKIII and target stocks from 1972- mid 1976.
    8099--Thanks for the photos.
    mafd2 likes this.

  6. #15
    Senior Member

    Member #
    33681
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    457
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mafd2 View Post
    Comparison of MKIII high arched target stocks circa 1969-1971 on a 4 blue MKIII and target stocks from 1972- mid 1976.
    8099---Thanks again for the examples of grips. Would 1965 to 1968 Trooper has the same high arched target grips?

  7. #16
    Senior Member

    Member #
    8099
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Louisiana
    Posts
    2,655
    Liked
    1366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick45 View Post
    8099---Thanks again for the examples of grips. Would 1965 to 1968 Trooper has the same high arched target grips?
    The 1965 Trooper is a different frame (I frame) and the MKIII is a J frame (different stocks). The Trooper has the same stocks as a Python but with silver medallions. Here's my 1965 Trooper in hard to find nickel recently sold to a forum member.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kraaaken likes this.

  8. #17
    Senior Member

    Member #
    33681
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    457
    Liked
    533 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mafd2 View Post
    The 1965 Trooper is a different frame (I frame) and the MKIII is a J frame (different stocks). The Trooper has the same stocks as a Python but with silver medallions. Here's my 1965 Trooper in hard to find nickel recently sold to a forum member.
    Got it----Thanks for the information, that's help a lot.


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
We are not associated with Colt's Manufacturing LLC. We are an enthusiast site comprised of Colt Fans.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.