Is this a fake label???
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Is this a fake label???

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    what makes dennis/coltboxjerk/vikrant an asshat is he swears up and down and sells these fakes on his word that there genuine colt mfg factory boxes and paperwork/hangtags and so on. what a criminal!
    mafd2 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    933 times
    when a seller makes an ad with a gun showing the box and label but does not state it is a reproduction, then their intent is clear! I love it when they get their hand caught in the cookie jar and have to go back and changed their ad to represent so... I used to bid on an item even though it had a repo box if it was a good deal. I have gotten so sick of this sh*t lately, I now refuse to bid on this trash. If the seller stated in the ad to begin with that he got it this way but not original, I would bid if I felt a good deal. The sad thing is apparently Colt will not sue or set up these fakers of their boxes. I think we need to start calling Colt customer service and complaining about the notorious box fakers alias known by all of us. I might give colt a call tomorrow!
    mafd2 likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is the reason why I sold my collection . People who sell and buy this fake crap ruined all collectability value on them .

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Seems to me anyone spending that amount of money would realize that a 40 year old gun would not have a box in that new of condition. The gun belongs to me and it is in his shop on consignment.
    I have number of 40 year old+ boxes that look like the day they arrived at the original dealer to sell the gun. There is a price you pay for dishonesty. Cross this selller off my list of dealers I would consider buying from....

To me, a fake box casts dispersion on the entire offering. I wouldn't even bid on such a gun. I have been taken advantage of in the past, and it will probably happen again. But all of these reproduction boxes with correct labels makes me question the claims of ALL sellers unless I know them and I don't know many.

Member #
    Liked
    1463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas59 View Post
    This is the reason why I sold my collection . People who sell and buy this fake crap ruined all collectability value on them .
    And the thing about it is, it will only get worse...

Member #
    Liked
    965 times
    The sad truth is Colt doesn't give a damn about people making "fake" boxes because they aren't loosing anything.They already made the money when they were originally sold and aren't making DA revolvers now.It is up to us to police these people and out them when discovered.JMHO...God Bless.....Mike
    mafd2 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aircraftman View Post
    Hats off to the seller for updating his ad. At least he's not trying to deceive anyone. What I can stomach are these low-lifes trying to claim NIB and in the process ripoff the unsuspecting buyer.

Plenty of these SOB's out there so be careful.

The origional ad stated "comes with box, paperwork and manual"...That's all.
    Evidentally someone disagreed with half of you. Buyer gladly paid the $1795.00 . Took delivery and immediately listed back on GB for $2395.00 and buy now for $2495.00.
    Must have seen a good deal. Hmmm.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by captsteve View Post
    The origional ad stated "comes with box, paperwork and manual"...That's all.
    Evidentally someone disagreed with half of you. Buyer gladly paid the $1795.00 . Took delivery and immediately listed back on GB for $2395.00 and buy now for $2495.00.
    Must have seen a good deal. Hmmm.
    some people should do more research, or else there just looking for that next victim.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    933 times
    Quote Originally Posted by threecharley View Post
    some people should do more research, or else there just looking for that next victim.
    +1
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thank you. No one should ever mislead another on our beloved Colts.....
    If you look at other listings, there many that are really fraud on all GA, GI and GB sites. Been ripped on every gun from Auction Arms.
    Just bought a Silver Snake. Previous owner stated factory fired only. Waitng for pouch and ORIGIONAL box. Put away for safe keeping and can't find yet. (Maybe I should call the Boxman)
    Interested?
    Phantasm likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links