Hammer question regarding Officer’s Model .22….
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13098 times

Hammer question regarding Officer’s Model .22….

In a thread discussing a 1930 Officer’s Model .22, some three digit representatives were the topic. I displayed my latest, serial number 508, also made in 1930. Forum member, big_gus, noted the difference in my hammer. It seems to be a wide, target-type hammer. (See photos below)

I always assumed these earlier manufactured pieces had them, since like checkering is found on the hammer, trigger and rear frame back strap. But in looking at the other photos, the hammers are standard-issue. I question whether an archive letter will address this specific issue, even though I have ordered one. Does anyone know if this was a factory installation or after market?

Last edited by Colt-SL; 10-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Sorry I can't help with your question, but I would like to compliment you on the fabulous photos....WOW.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13098 times
    Thank you!!
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

A1A
    The Searcher

Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    The Colt wide spur hammer was not available until 1951 in the era of the Officers Model Special.

Last edited by A1A; 10-19-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A1A View Post
    The Colt wide spur hammer was not available until 1951 in the era of the Officers Model Special.
    Ah ha! As ALWAYS A1A, you came through again. Now I wonder if it was done at the factory or by someone else. It really is a positive feeling hammer when cocking the piece. Many thanks!
    Tony

A1A
    The Searcher

Member #
    Liked
    615 times
    Could be either. I just put one in a 1950 OMS 22 with no fitting and it didn't change the great feeling action at all, except maybe to make it better.

The ad image was courtesy of member Onomea.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13098 times
    Like yours, it fits and functions flawlessly. And now the value has gone up by $4.75 too. Thanks again!
    Tony

Member #
    Liked
    1092 times
    Colt-SL,I can't help with the answer to your question but D%^& that's a good looking OM.Just one more to add to the wish list.
    Daryl
    If you keep doing what you always did you will always get what you always got

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13098 times
    Thank you d.a.r.y.l most appreciated.
    Tony

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links