Pair of Officers Models

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Pair of Officers Models

Stopped by one of the shops I check regularly during my travels today and found a pair of Officers Models for sale. First was a .22 SN 72XX which would have been 95% but for (big "but for") a 1/2 inch scratch on the left side of the barrel right behind the roll mark and a spot on the crane that looked like badly cleaned surface rust and another on the right side of the frame, IIRC. Bore was bright, lockup like a vault. Some rub on both sides of the barrel just back from the muzzle.

#2 is a .38 Special in the 56XXXX range which lacked the obvious injuries of the .22 but had a little more blue wear and some suspicious looking spots on the side plate, hammer and trigger (Looked like oil spots). Bright and sharp bore.

Grips on both were original type (did not remove them) and checkering still sharp, but liberally oiled. They were asking $369 for the .22 and $319 for the .38.

A REALLY rough Police Positive in .32/20 with lousy timing for $160, an average .38 Army Special and .38NP Police Positive and 2 or 3 Pythons and a Python Target rounded out the Colt revolver choices, but the pair of OMs really tempted me. What say you all on the prices, given I'm not missing something on the condition?

(This shop is in its second generation in business and regularly receives the estates of long time customers - you never know what is likely to be in the case from one week to the next.)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Pair of Officers Models

welcome to the forum,dom on the .22 is 1932, second yr. of production. cant seem to locate the .38 dom. in my opinion that is a decent price for a prewar target revolver of that quality if only for a shooter.did you notice if the cyl. was recessed for hi-speed cart`s??

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Didn't notice on the recessed cylinder. The .38 appears to be 1949 or 50 vintage. Thanks for the input.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Unless you are looking for collectors I would offer $600 for both OMTs. Though there are some cosmetic problems, if they are mechanically sound you wouldn't have lost a dime in the deal.

BTW... The .38 spl OMT could be a 1930s model.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Thanks, Majic. That's a thought. I just bought a 1967-era nickle OP from them. The .22 really appeals to me. Lots of hand work in those older guns - checkered trigger and hammer and blue that looks like it goes clear through the steel.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links