New to me Colt SF-VI

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New to me Colt SF-VI

New to me Colt SF-VI!

need to find a good IWB holster for small of the back carry......any suggestions?

Also would like to find replacement grips. These have some damage on the back mating surfaces and they do not sit up against the frame on the top side...kind of flared out a bit more than I'd care for

Nice snag? what would a guess of market price be on something like this?

Colt_SF-VI_1.jpgColt_SF-VI_2.jpg

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8577 times
    With possibly some need to do a little fitting on wood grips, most any grip made for the later "stubby" grip Colt "D" frame will fit.
    Grips for the Detective Special are most often listed by grip makers.

Colt used Pachmayr "Compac" grips with Gold medallions for years as optional grips, and as standard on the last of the Detective Specials in the 1990's.
    The grips on your SF-VI were copies made for Colt by Vintage Industries. The only difference is the Pachmayr grips have a steel insert inside the grips, and the Vintage Industries copies have a plastic insert.

You can still find Colt-Pachmayr grips with Colt medallions on Ebay, the gun auctions, and by asking on this forums Classified section.
    You can also buy the current made Pachmayr with Pachmayr medallions.
    In wood or synthetic, there are a number of companies that still offer grips to fit.

In a holster, most holster makers still offer holsters for the Detective Special and these will fit your SF-VI.
    However, you may want to use a stone to round off the very sharp muzzle. Some of these are so sharp the barrel will actually cut up a holster, and can do the same for your hand.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info!

Man I am liking my new ride!

I like it so much, I have an ear to the interweb listening for a deal on another!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I believe you will continue to love it. I bought one for myself in about 1995. When my son went to college I let him take it as he had an apartment in a chancey area/building. He's never let it go since.

Best double action trigger I've ever owned. Great carry gun.

Sponsored Links