Couple of semi rare ones

Member #
    Liked
    5453 times

Couple of semi rare ones

Here are a couple of new-in-the-box additions to my SAA's:

This is a 4 3/4" New Frontier 45 Colt made in 1983, you don't see this bbl length very often in the New Frontier model. Note the beautiful case colors on the frame.

This is a Storekeepers Model, 45 Colt, 4" bbl, no ejector, and "Blackpowder" frame. According to the Colt letter, it was made in 1987 & only 200 were made. It sports non-original one piece smooth stag grips. The original 1st generation "Black Powder Frame" Single Actions had one piece grips, I think these compliment this configuration nicely.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Member #
    Liked
    3601 times

Re: Couple of semi rare ones

Nice guns. I especially like that top one.

Member #
    Liked
    524 times

Hugh:
    Very nice examples. I notice you used a tan/brown background for your pictures, I did the same sometime ago and it seemed to affect the blue intensity in the guns, even showing in the black grips. I switched to grey and the colors were more true. Out of curiosity you may want to retake the NF picture and compare the 2. Also, check my posting of May 15, same era NF's. I don't know why my camera altered the blue with brown background but yours appears to do the same. This is just a helpful hint, not a criticism, the guns are beautiful...

Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I like your New Frontiers and always like seeing the stag grips on almost anything.

BTW: Bill is correct about the color balance. Also you should be able to correct the color by adjusting your white balance. i.e. Sunny, cloudy, shade. My camera while set on auto just doesn't get it right at times. There are other settings but it takes time to fiddle with those.

RayD

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

Forgive my stupidity in asking the following, i am a complete dumbo when SAA's are come along:

The storekeeper has no ejector, how does one empty the cylinder? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Who's the idiot that sold-off New-Amsterdam? I could have been reading this board in Dutch!

If guns are the cause of gunviolence, pens are responsible for writingerrors.

Member #
    Liked
    3601 times

[ QUOTE ]
    Forgive my stupidity in asking the following, i am a complete dumbo when SAA's are come along:

The storekeeper has no ejector, how does one empty the cylinder? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Using a handy stick, pencil, or the cylinder base pin.

Member #
    Liked
    5453 times

Thanks for the tip, Bill, I will try that.
    My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do you get the cilinder out, can you just pull the Cil base pin, I don't see the pin you have to push in to release it.

dixie

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Dixie those "short" barrelled revolvers are usually built on what the call a black powder frame(early). There is a retaining screw in the front of the frame. I use a plastic pen to push out the empties in my two sheriff's models.

Frank Jr.

Member #
    Liked
    5453 times

Here is the result of using a gray background. Definitly less blue, but the case colors on the gun actually look more like the one with the brown background than the one with the gray background. Apparantly it has been associating with a New Orleans pimp since the first picture was taken, and has picked up a pair of genuine MOP grips. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Next pictures are of a 1st generation Colt SA 45 that was rebarreled and restored by Pachmayer in the mid 1960's. It sports nice aged ivory medallion grips. This is one of my favorite shooters.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links