Colt Forum banner

Remington 1911 Turnbull commemorative

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  M2HB 
#1 ·
#3 ·
A lot less expensive than a real Remington-UMC M1911, but a lot more than I am willing to pay for a modern production commemorative. What separates this from a modern Remington or other current production "commemorative"...except style of finish and the markings. It's just another reproduction pistol.

If a guy likes that kind of stuff and wants one, maybe it's worth that to him. I personally would rather spend $2K for a real M1911 or A1.

#5 ·
It probably is expensive for just another comemorative, however a fair price for a shooter built by Turnbull, with Turnbull's beautiful bluing. I like the period Remington markings as opposed to Turnbull's circled Bull trademark. Since the pistol is built by Turnbull it does not have Remington's firing pin safety mechanism.

#6 ·
The picture on the seller's website is of an original Remington-UMC with the US Property marking removed. The ones being sold by Remington/Turnbull look very nice and are very close to the originals in appearance, but as with Turnbull's other reproductions they have some flaws such as the cocking serrations being milled about 1/8" too far to the rear. I e-mailed them once and asked why they did that but never got a response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.