1926 Transition, and 1911 from 1916: pictures added
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 1926 Transition, and 1911 from 1916: pictures added

Member #
    Liked
    12363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by prewar View Post
    I have seen the fake 1924 barrels too they were a poor job the Interlaced HP was pantographed on top and the K was struck with a stamp like you can buy at any major tooling supply store.
    The post was done as a warning to be careful out there. As bad as they were, they kept right on selling.

Member #
    Liked
    12363 times
    Yes I have seen both types of Fake Singer grips the first set I seen were the Early RR without the rings around the screw holes with the ribs milled out and polished. The second type is Colt Rock grips that they took a checkering file and filed the rings around the screws so they had no rings around the screws and as we all know they are hollow with no mold numbers but they do not have the correct amount of lines of checkering between the screws .
    The $1000 price tag for the fake Singer stocks stuck in my mind, but I couldn't remember where I got it. Now I seem to remember that a set sold at Rock Island Auction for that amount. Do you remember if that is correct?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    Yes I do and it was not me ! I looked at them & told the buyer well after he bought them that he got taken on them! The Colt rock ones were on a Singer that sold very fast on GI a few months back & we're not the first set I had seen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    The $1000 price tag for the fake Singer stocks stuck in my mind, but I couldn't remember where I got it. Now I seem to remember that a set sold at Rock Island Auction for that amount. Do you remember if that is correct?
    Same thing is happening with the repo exposed base magazines. Cylinder & Slide is reproducing the full blue or in the white magazines & guys are putting small spots of rust on them and wrapping them in old waxed paper and selling them as NOS ( new old stock ) magazines. And also doing it with some of there repo fire blue small parts .

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    Rob Greer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    Yes, I think I remember the auction you refer to. A couple collector friends brought those grips by my gun show table to show them to me. I hated to hear the one had relied on the other fellow's advice, and had paid the $1000 (probably $1150 after the juice) at RIAC. I showed them the difference in the fakes and genuine Singer grips. I'd previously helped the fellow offering the bad advice identifying Singer barrels and magazines before, but apparently we hadn't yet discussed the fake grips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2012 times
    By the way Bob's 1924 did end up with the correct barrel in it after he sold it ! He also did very well when he sold the guns as a pair . I sat on that barrel for 6/7 years before I found a good home for it , and now my mint all S marked 1916 has a brother a mint all H marked 1916 . Both have no markings on top of chambers they both have the S & H on the hood of barrel and the P on the back of the lugs .. Thank you Bob !!!!
    You are welcome! I'm glad they went to a good home. I had guessed that you had a correct barrel, since you didn't complain that this one did not.

Bob Rayburn
    Rob Greer likes this.
    --

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    Well Bob we chatted when you posted them on one of the 1911 forums when you first bought them & I told you I had a barrel but would not part with it because they are so hard to find & also told you if you ever wanted to sell them I would be a buyer. I doubt you would have remembered that conversation as I am sure you had many at the time. What made me remember the guns was when I posted the pictures of my all S marked 1916 one of the other members told me there was a thread show us your 16's so I found the thread and removed my thread and added my 16 to the show us your 16's and as I looked at all the post I seen your 16 and remembered that you had it & the 1924 , so that's when I contacted you about them. I never forget mint guns and I never thought I would own 2 mint ones but fate & persistence sometimes come together!! I don't think I could ever split the guns up and I know where there is a mint 16 with both H & S and it's mint to but doubt I could pry it out of the owners hands without trading something that I do not want to give up . Thank you again Troy

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2012 times
    Sounds like a win/win. Bet I could have gotten more money out of you.
    --

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    No comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links