New to me M45A1 CQBP questions...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New to me M45A1 CQBP questions...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

New to me M45A1 CQBP questions...

So I just purchased a used MARSOC Pistol. Serial 2420. Just wondering if anyone has info on this pistol and/or if it was a school pistol or actually issued? The only markings on the pistol is C08 on right rear of slide. Any help would be awesome!

This is my second one, the first being the Pelican Cased Colt M45A1, Serial 8241 (not USMC marked). Being a former Devil Dog I am extremely excited about this one. I have been waiting for a while to find one used for the right price, well the right price for me. Lol

Member #
    Liked
    211 times
    Photos?
    Cheers,
    Walter

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    335 times
    They were built on contract by Colt for MARSOC. Whether or not they ever saw action in Iraq or Afghanistan is up for grabs. The corps only had them for a short time when they were recalled and sold.
    The reason I carry a .45 is, Colt Don't make a .46

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Waiting for it to be shipped. I will post pics. I understand the whole "action" thing is iffy, but I thought I saw some info that some serial numbers were confirmed as issued. Just wondering if this one is close to those blocks of numbers, or school blocks? Even if the slide marking (C08) would help ID it to belonging somewhere.
    Last edited by DedHed; 04-15-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The decom group on Facebook has a list by serial number on if yours was issued or a schoolhouse gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DedHed View Post
    So I just purchased a used MARSOC Pistol. Serial 2420. Just wondering if anyone has info on this pistol and/or if it was a school pistol or actually issued? The only markings on the pistol is C08 on right rear of slide. Any help would be awesome!

This is my second one, the first being the Pelican Cased Colt M45A1, Serial 8241 (not USMC marked). Being a former Devil Dog I am extremely excited about this one. I have been waiting for a while to find one used for the right price, well the right price for me. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nix_gary View Post
    The decom group on Facebook has a list by serial number on if yours was issued or a schoolhouse gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just checked the list and serial # 2420 is not on the list on the ones with verified history. It jumps from 2416 to 2421

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    13006 times
    OctopusHighBall on this forum and the 1911 forum can put you in touch with the guy that put the list together. If there is any info on your gun, they will know. However, Kahrman probably is accessing the same list I believe and may be your definitive answer
    Samgunslinger likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1949 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahrman View Post
    I just checked the list and serial # 2420 is not on the list on the ones with verified history. It jumps from 2416 to 2421
    There are several different tabs on the latest version of the spreadsheet (SN List 1-18-2019 Version 3.xls), one is the Complete List of SN which 002420EGA appears on. The first couple of tabs are the list of serials seen in the wild, often someone went and looked up the unit number.

So, it's a legit issued decomm with no known unit affiliation.

I don't know if someone is still looking up the UIC in the database or not, I think the USMC has cracked down on that but I don't really know.

However sometimes one can make assumptions based on distinguishing characteristics... Virtually every one of the issued guns with a black "C" and a two digit number have been verified as Spec Ops School guns, when accompanied also by a blue line on the grip safety, but if this one lacks it then it's possible it is something else not yet documented. I do see several in the list that have the black "C" with two digits and seem to lack the blue line, and none of those have been documented yet. However they are typically in clusters with other documented school guns around them. So it's a pretty safe bet it's a school gun.

But man, still super cool! Congrats on the purchase, DedHead!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Not much there yet, but working on it...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks everyone! In the pics there is no blue line but when I receive her then we can say for sure. So more info to come.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks for the PM’s but being a new member with limited responses I cannot PM back yet. Unfortunately the weather we had here Sunday, I am working 1930-1130. Until we get stuff back online so can’t do much until I get back on my normal work week schedule.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links