Red Dot Sight For Colt Delta Gold Cup (10 mm)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Red Dot Sight For Colt Delta Gold Cup (10 mm)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Question Red Dot Sight For Colt Delta Gold Cup (10 mm)

Hi,

I'm new to the Colt Forum. I have a Colt Delta Gold Cup (10 mm) I purchased almost 30 years ago and only shot once and put away. I would like to start shooting pistol again and I find at almost 70 years of age I can't see the sights well enough to align them. My distance vision is fine.

Has anyone here mounted an optical red dot sight to a Delta Gold Cup and were satisfied with the results? Would the recoil of the slide be too much for the red dot sight?

Thanks.

824tsv likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2011 times
    Red dot sight will require modifications to the gun which will lower its value. If it was me I’d talk to my optometrist about making up some shooting glasses to compensate for my tired eyes.

Member #
    Liked
    200 times
    Do not alter that gun at all, its a Delta Gold Cup and is highly desired. It took me a long time to find one that nice to add to my collection.

Did your gun come with the magazine as pictured, with the slam pad?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    No, I purchased 4 back when I purchased the Delta Gold Cup. They are all Colt factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie38S View Post
    Do not alter that gun at all, its a Delta Gold Cup and is highly desired. It took me a long time to find one that nice to add to my collection.

Did your gun come with the magazine as pictured, with the slam pad?
    Wolfie38S likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am not aware of glass that will allow you to see close up and distance at the same time. If I get bifocals I will be able to see the sights, but not the target at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    Red dot sight will require modifications to the gun which will lower its value. If it was me I’d talk to my optometrist about making up some shooting glasses to compensate for my tired eyes.
    phyllis1 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1659 times
    Maybe it was, "B-Square" that made a pretty decent mount that simply replaced a grip panel. It had a Weaver type rail on the top which rides above your slide and you can mount a red dot on it. You would be wise to cut a leather, rubber, or thin plastic spacer between the mount and your frame to avoid any marring. I just took a quick look at the one I have and there's no makers mark on it, it replaces the right grip panel and has a forward extension with a hole to position over the end of the slide stop stud for a three position mount. It's a one piece affair with the Weaver cuts milled into the top. It doesn't interfere with the operation of the gun at all and seems pretty solid with the Ultra Dot. I have another one around here for my Ruger Standard Model also. I think I bought them both in the 1990's sometime.
    arjay and Fire4Effect like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1225 times
    That’s a beautiful pistol. I would avoid drilling holes in it or modifying it in any way.

I never saw a Delta Gold Cup here in Switzerland, so I can only dream of one.

Member #
    Indianapolis, IN & beautiful Lake Cumberland, KY
    Liked
    2408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
    I am not aware of glass that will allow you to see close up and distance at the same time. If I get bifocals I will be able to see the sights, but not the target at the same time.
    Absolutely correct!

Member #
    Liked
    675 times
    I am 70 now and have the same problem. I wear tri-focals so I can see the computer screen.

My shooting glasses have the middle lens ground into the top of my shooting eye lens. This allows the front sight to be clear and the rear sight and target somewhat blurry but still visible enough to shoot OK.

Let's face it, it is never going to be like it was 30 years ago. I never could get used to red dots either.
    waltesefalcon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2011 times
    Or you could practice by pointing the pistol as an extension of your index finger. You may be surprised at how good you can become at hitting your target. You won’t get X-ring satisfaction but you will be satisfied.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links