Interesting Auction Result
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Interesting Auction Result

Member #
    Liked
    1694 times
    Forcerecon92 is now bidding on a gun from a reputable seller on the other side of the country. I wonder if Gunsrc is actually buying under the same name he is shilling? He also bought from another reputable dealer a couple weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
    LOL, I was just getting ready to post that! The Super .38 and the 1903 account for both auctions won by ForceRecon92. (so far)

Member #
    Liked
    1681 times
    Someone please explain how this works. The shill bidder wins the auction at the extreme high price. Then the gun is never seen again (usually, but not in this particular case). So how does the shill bidding make for more money to the seller? I am aware of shilling bidding that runs up the price for a real end buyer. But not for the same end bidder every time? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS57 View Post
    Someone please explain how this works. The shill bidder wins the auction at the extreme high price. Then the gun is never seen again (usually, but not in this particular case). So how does the shill bidding make for more money to the seller? I am aware of shilling bidding that runs up the price for a real end buyer. But not for the same end bidder every time? Thanks!

Usually, it just means that the seller got greedy and got stuck with the shill winning. You will see the gun for sale again after that. One infamous Gunbroker seller usually waits a month or three before relisting the item the shill won. It looks to me that RC just moves it to Guns International.

In the case of the guns listed on GI, it could also be that the shill bids it up higher than what the seller actually wants, then it looks like a bargain when listed somewhere else for less money. That seems stupid to due, given how he shows the serial numbers quite clearly in his pics, which makes it very easy to see it is the same gun.
    Rick Bowles likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1368 times
    Check out the bid history on GB # 815490688, did someone get shucked?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I would offer the game is after the auction is over, and prices posted, the seller goes to the second highest bidder saying the winner backed out, problems with an FFL or some reason and now the second highest bidder, or third, can have the gun at their last bid or something in between. The shill leaves feed back, the second high bidder gets the gun or if none of this pans out the seller posts the gun on Guns International, Armslist or some other sight.
    iwanna, DeaconKC and saintclair like this.

Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andy3921 View Post
    I would offer the game is after the auction is over, and prices posted, the seller goes to the second highest bidder saying the winner backed out, problems with an FFL or some reason and now the second highest bidder, or third, can have the gun at their last bid or something in between. The shill leaves feed back, the second high bidder gets the gun or if none of this pans out the seller posts the gun on Guns International, Armslist or some other sight.

It used to work that way (next highest bidder), but Gunbroker changed their system such that you can't contact someone who isn't a winning bidder or who doesn't somehow contact you first. I'm sure that still happens, but it isn't as easy as it used to be.
    iwanna and DeaconKC like this.

Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    The Colt 380 was mine. Let me assure everyone here I am not "in" on anything. No idea why ForceRecon92 bid so high. Not a clue.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iwanna View Post
    The Colt 380 was mine. Let me assure everyone here I am not "in" on anything. No idea why ForceRecon92 bid so high. Not a clue.
    Please let us know if the deal goes through

Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    Sure. Will do.

Member #
    Liked
    559 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozmo View Post
    I see that there is no further feed back from the seller, iwanna, aka RC.

Still at it I see...….

https://www.coltforum.com/forums/sin...odeo-case.html

iwanna, aka RC? What does this mean? Please explain.

My Colt 380 Government did sell, and the buyer did pay. The gun sold for a nice high price in a hot auction. I don't know the buyer or any of the bidders. To repeat: I-am-not-"in"-on-anything.
    Last edited by iwanna; 10-21-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links