No Colt Pony? - Colt Defense O1080RGCCU Govt 5" 8-SHOT Black w/PICATINNY Rail
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: No Colt Pony? - Colt Defense O1080RGCCU Govt 5" 8-SHOT Black w/PICATINNY Rail

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb No Colt Pony? - Colt Defense O1080RGCCU Govt 5" 8-SHOT Black w/PICATINNY Rail

Hello Everyone,

Last year I purchased this pistol. I really love it, but have only had the chance to shoot a few times.

The 1911 has no Colt Pony rolled into the slide. I had noticed this when I bought it, but thought I'd ask on the forums about why this gun has no pony.

The SKU was: HGN-COLT-O1080RGCCU - Colt Part Number
    O1080RGCCU

Just curious!

ColtCCU.jpg

Thanks for any responses.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17854 times
    I’ve got this Colt in 38 Super here and it’s missing the rampant Colt roll mark. Most of this model have it.

I don’t know why exactly, but I have seen quite a few on this forum that were missing it. It’s not worth any more or less money, and I can’t say that it’s considered a detractor or a anything much to even consider because it’s not unusual to be missing from what I’ve seen.
    🔫 WWYS

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey thanks, I've researched it only briefly, and don't think much of it. In the back of my mind, knock off might flicker, but it came from a reputable source. Then there is the official Colt listing too, which was hard to find on their site last year, but not now. Clearly a non-issue.

Cheers.

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I’ve got this Colt in 38 Super here and it’s missing the rampant Colt roll mark. Most of this model have it.

I have the same Model .38 Super with green Cerakote receiver. It's got the Pony roll mark in the rear of the slide. Am surprised yours are missing, wow. What has happen to Colt Manufacturing good professional jobs gone sloppy, missing the stamping and using bad misspelling dies stamp in past 3 years to now? There I fixed the misspelling.
    Last edited by usgi1911A1; 07-27-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usgi1911A1 View Post
    I have the same Model .38 Super with green Cerakote receiver. It's got the Pony roll mark in the rear of the slide. Am surprised yours are missing, wow. What has happen to Colt Manufacturing good professional jobs gone sloppy, missing the stamping and using bad miss spelling dies stamp in past 3 years to now?
    Where's the misspelling on the gun? (aside from your miss spelling, sorry I'm the grammar police!)

Member #
    Liked
    194 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Undermoose View Post
    Where's the misspelling on the gun? (aside from your miss spelling, sorry I'm the grammar police!)
    Some of the new Colt Classic models have 45 Caliber spelled as "CALIBLR".
    I've got one.

Many of the newer Colts are missing the pony.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17854 times
    I saw the thread on the “CALIBLR” misspelling rollmark. I sort of agree with what someone else said about it. Kind of makes the gun a little more interesting knowing that humans were involved in the manufacturing process with that type of error.

The missing Colt rollmark doesn’t bother me because most wouldnt notice it... almost like two identical paintings with a tree in the background removed from one.
    I tell ya one thing.. I much rather live with it than send it back to Colt these days.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1453 times
    I have a lightweight officers model that has a pony that it's head (Can barely see it) is missing. Bad roll or very worn roll die. Seems like Colt has always been a little half A$$ in regards to their roll marks.

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Makes me wonder why didn't the Colt employees inspect every guns before they leave the factory building? They have to have good quality products to make sure their customers to come back to buy more! It is my favorite manufacturer and I am afraid if that continues people wont be buying them and making them farther into debt? I will continue to buy Colt and hope they recognize the problem and correct it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links