• 1 Post By saintclair
  • 1 Post By OctopusHighball
  • 1 Post By Pathfinder106

Thread: Colt 1911 Combat Government Model 08111

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Colt 1911 Combat Government Model 08111

Hello All , Im a new guy just signed up today . Ive been collecting for about 10 yrs , rifles , S&Ws , Colts etc . I just picked up a NIB with all the docs styrofoam insert wood grained cardboard box . I really didnt know what I had .I googled it and was surprised it was a factory upgrade made in 1983 serial # 70B488xx . It has the small rollmark , Combat Government on both sides of the slide . Does not have the MarkIV roll mark which I dont like anyway but on the barrel at the ejection port it does say MarkIV series 70 . I have not even racked the slide , not a single mark on it . rear white lined sight wrap around pachmayer grips . Just looking to see if any of you guys own one and your thoughts on it . Thank You , SemperFi , JJ

Member #
    Liked
    3282 times
    Welcome to the Forum from Canada!
    I have one, it's a great shooter, very accurate. There was a recent thread on them located here:https://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...ovt-model.html
    Pic's of mine in post #4. Also note in my pic's, the Colt Combat Government spec sheet.
    Jackson and reconjj like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4040 times
    What you have is Colt's answer to the specifications of the IPSC crowd and the forerunner of the Combat Elite Series.
    It is essentially a MKIV/Series 70, but a different version, in this case the Combat Government Model.
    I've never owned one, but a friend had bought a used one at a LGS years ago. I modified my Series 70's patterned after the CGM.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4396 times
    Welcome tot he Colt Forum from Arizona.
    Living a dream.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21720 times
    Great gun!!! Welcome to the Colt Forum!! 824tsv had a great reference for you!
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1973 times
    I had a combat gov, later series 80, but I loved that gun! Had the absolute best trigger of any 1911 I've ever had, and shot lights out. Would love to find a series 70 replacement for it someday.

Here it is wearing a set of Walnut Burl stocks. Fun fact, that front strap is serrated like the gold cups if you take the Pachy's off!

arjay likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Not much there yet, but working on it...

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I've only been on the Forum for a few months but I have been a collector for about 65 years. My interests over the years have changed a couple times but I always seem to come back to American Martial Firearms. Just yesterday at a local gun show I picked up an interesting Colt M1911A1 (I think). The parkerized slide is Colt although the 2nd line of the patents & the bottom half of the pony are mostly unreadable. The replaced front sight is a long blued blade and the rear sight is a blued adjustable. The parkerized frame reads United States Property M 1911 A1 U.S. Army in one line. Below that is the No 107xxxx RIA S A At the top front of the trigger guard are the letters N M. Along the top right edge of the right grip is an ordnance bomb and below that is the letter T. On the left side of the frame just above the mag release button is the letter P and below that is a much smaller letter P. The serial number indicates 1943 manufacture by Union Signal. The barrel bushing is also blued and has a 7-digit number with the N and M below on the ears of the bushing. The last difference I should mention is that both the front & the back of the handgrip are machined to avoid slippage. I haven't had time to take photos yet.
    I hope someone can shed light on these peculiar pistol markings I just couldn't resist the asking price.
    ChippewaAce likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links