huntsman box
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Blackjack33

Thread: huntsman box

Member #
    Liked
    176 times

huntsman box

would a 1955 huntsman have the woodgrain box with yellow and black label or could they have used the hinged leatherette boxes? thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1025 times
    Huntsman box.jpgI believe it would look like this.
    824tsv and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1964 times
    I believe it should be a two piece box with a top that looks like walnut, a black bottom, and a yellow label with black lettering. For a 1955 gun I could believe the hinged, leatherette box since 1955 would be right at the changeover and Colt would have used any of the leftover pre-1955 old style hinged boxes. The label is a different story though, since there was no such thing as a Huntsman, or a Huntsman label, prior to 1955.

CORRECTION: My mistake! The walnut top/black bottom box came a little later. The type boxes used with the earliest 3rd series guns had an oak grain look both bottom and top and a very small number were shipped with hinged leather looking boxes that were leftovers from the 2nd series.
    Last edited by colt22dotcom; 08-17-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    --

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links